Dell Powered USB issue

predator101

Car(s)
Toyota Yaris, Toyota Corolla
I have a Dell Inspiron series laptop that has one powershare USB port. The USB works fine and charges stuff even when the laptop is shut-down/asleep.

The problem is that when I shut down/sleep the laptop, anything that's connected to the powered USB port stops charging. I have to plug-out the cable and then plug it in, and charging starts again even after the laptop's been shut down.

What settings do I need to change to keep it continously charging my devices without having me to plug out and plug in the cable. It gets really annoying when I am asleep and the laptop shuts down after completing required tasks.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Check the CMOS for an option, otherwise it might be a hardware design.

I can't confirm it until tomorrow (we use Latitudes at work) but it sounds like it's designed to do that. I expect most people would want powered devices to turn off with the laptop and not waste battery power.

Well my Acer works just the way you want. It comes with this "Acer USB Charge Manager" software that handles the requirements. Maybe you have a similar piece of software?

No, there is no software from dell on my machine... It does charge when the laptop is powered off, but if the laptop shuts down when something is plugged-in, I have to plug it out and plug it in for it to continue charging....

that could be your os shutting down the devices when it shuts down.
Maybe os update fucked up your machine :/