• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Delorean DMC-2

vanMould

Car(s)
Volvo 480ES -88
005462.jpg

Automotive Forums said:
? Ford V8 4.6L 400HP
? Electronic multipoint Injection system
? Manual 6 speed gearbox,
? independent suspension f/r
? Disc brakes front / rear
? Wheelbase: 2610 mm
? Front track: 1630 mm , rear track: 1660 mm
? Tyres: front 245/40 ZR 18 , rear 285/35 ZR 18
? Acceleration 0 T0 60mph under 4.7 sec
? Max speed 187mph

? Elektr. window, aircondition, central lock, leather equipment,...
? Navigation systeme
? CD/DVD/LCD/MP3/Radio
? Free choice of colors inside

? Under $50 000

Hungarian anyone?
hvtm.hu said:
Megjelentek az első fot?k a DeLorean 2005-ről! Mint l?that?, sokmindent ?r?k?lt elődj?től, t?bbek k?zt a fest?s n?lk?li alum?nium karossz?ri?t. Vonalvezet?se sportosabb, ?s a motor is h?tra ker?lt, mint azt mondt?k, az?rt, hogy k?nnyebben r? lehessen k?tni a fluxuskondenz?tort. Ezzel m?r nem probl?ma a 88 Mph sebess?g el?r?se. ?ll?t?lag a Vissza a j?vőbe 4. r?sz?t m?r ezzel az aut?val fogj?k leforgatni, hamarosan l?thatjuk a filmben szereplő v?ltozatot is.

Sources:
http://www.hvtm.hu/index.php3?ID=9000&carID=2041&w=1
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t372388.html

And no, I've got absolutely no idea on how true this is, but they're not calling this section for The Rumor Mill for nothing ;)

i would LOVE one! I'm seriously doubting this, if you look on that Hungarian website, I don't read hungarian but all the links I looked at were photoshops.

It's just a Photoshopped Diablo. It's like somebody took a DeLorean and just stretched it over the first car they could find. If it actually comes out looking like that, I'll eat my face.

DeLorean only ever produced one car and then went out of business iirc, so I'm doubting that this is ever going to be made.

Overheat said:
DeLorean only ever produced one car and then went out of business iirc, so I'm doubting that this is ever going to be made.

Well, DeLorean Cars in it's current form is a parts support company owned and run by former DeLorean dealers. I believe it's based out of Texas. Though a new DeLorean isn't unrealistic. It could be done. Though it would probably be more like the new Studebaker Avantis being built by Avanti motor corp (the business, not the cars).

If you want to see the new Studebaker Avantis, here's the link:

www.avantimotors.com

and a pic:
2005avbig6.jpg

YF19pilot said:
Overheat said:

Well, DeLorean Cars in it's current form is a parts support company owned and run by former DeLorean dealers. I believe it's based out of Texas. Though a new DeLorean isn't unrealistic. It could be done.

Wow, I just found out that Delorean is based only 15 miles from me. I might have to go and check it out one day. Wonder if they give tours or test drives.

if they make it, it'll probably just be a mustang with a cooler body.

I'm happy its keeping the retro looks :thumbsup:

It'll be a shit car though..

Overheat said:

Delorean himself produced LOADS of cars ;)
he was a very important figure in GM management, and is responsible for the GTO and pontiac's popularity in general during the 60s-70s

he only made on car under his own name, that's true :)

and that car looks realy 80s, i love it :thumbsup:
doubt it will ever be produced though

:puke:. Not liking that one bit - one of the ugliest chops I've seen in a while - and that includes the Hello Kitty Testarossa over in the Carbage thread

watto said:
YF19pilot said:
and a pic:
2005avbig6.jpg

CARBAGE! :puke:

Not nessicarily. It's, well, retro style. Though the one I saw at work reminded me a lot of the TVR Speed 12 and was in a better color than yellow. Here's one of the original Avantis for comparison:

Mvc-173s.jpg

Personally, I like the idea of saying that my studebaker can kick your car's ass. Then again, there's also the Golden Hawk...fastest production car of '57.

I think the DeLorean 2 is pretty sexy, if it was built in the Diablo times. Outta fashion now.