DeLorean might come back as a luxury EV

Oscar Vargas did his own concept art for what a revived DeLorean would look like today and... yeah, that's way more like it. Obviously, the tailpipe aren't needed, that wasn't part of the original concept that bothered me, but the whole overall feel is a lot more what I'd expect out of a modern DeLorean.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cel6en1rnnr/

I saw these pictures the other day, I think the wheels could be a bit more imaginative than just being scaled up versions of the originals and I don't know why it has exhaust pipes but other than those it looks great. Subtle changes that could definitely be implemented and give a more DeLorean feel to it.

I think the roof should be silver, too. But aside from that, I don't know...it doesn't quite hit right, either. I thing combining both tail light designs would be my favorite, over each individually.

Looking good, but very generic EV. Nothing about this suggests it's an appropriate use of the DeLorean name.

Looking good, but very generic EV. Nothing about this suggests it's an appropriate use of the DeLorean name.
Agreed on all counts. I'm super into the design. The design isn't a DeLorean.

That's mainly because it's not a Giugiaro design. The modern-day equivalent of the design language seen in the original DMC-12 would be the Ioniq 5, which is a homage to the original Hyundai Pony and its concepts.