demonoid - down forever ?

llpc60

Car(s)
93-NA . Mariner Blue
"The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site online. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding. "

............I'm speechless

edit: \/ \/ i sure hope so. :(

Last edited:
Sure they'll bring it back in a couple of days, just need another country hosting.

Last edited:
Welcome to my world its been like that for a while.

Demonoid sucks anyway.

Never been a fan of Demonoid myself, but in some ways it was better than mininova.

The CRIA is a scam who claim to be actually representing Canadian artists. It's basically...Sony. A Japanese/American company just trying to suck money out of another country.

Yeah, the CRIA is such a sham. They're not even owned by canadian companies, they're owned by subsidieries of american companies in Canada. So really, they're acting in the best interest of companies in the US, rather than the best interests of the industry in Canada. None of the profits of these companies come to Canada. The only thing that does is the income taxes that these companies pay.

By law, however, they have a right to sue anyone helping in uploading content to the internet that is sold in Canada. Only downloading is protected here.
All they need to do is move servers, because it seems the CRIA is not going to back off. However, it can't do squat if the server's not on Canadian soil.

That being said, the only thing that had restricted access to Canadian visitors was the website. The trackers were still active for Canadian users. Throughout all this time, you could have just been using an outside-Canada proxy for the website. Didn't think of doing that, did ya? :D

EDIT: and yeah, i have to admit, Demonoid is not the best tracker, because it has pretty limited users, not being open to the public and all ... but it is good to find some little bits that you can't find on any other trackers. It's good for rare files overall, you could find those on specialized trackers, but the download speeds and rules would be a bit stiff on those.

demonoid is crap anywayz... New stuff took forever, publics are just as fast...

well... if you guys know so many other sites that are just as good, can I please get a PM with one or 2? :) demonoid and mininova is all I know about

I use mininova demonoid box and fish now its just miniova box and fish and box and fish are pretty specific on content; besides mininova I have no general whatever torrent place. PM suggestions? Save my tortured soul.

I use mininova demonoid box and fish now its just miniova box and fish and box and fish are pretty specific on content; besides mininova I have no general whatever torrent place. PM suggestions? Save my tortured soul.

what he said... also i have no issue with closed trackers that require an invite i know some people are against them i don't have an issue with it