Denmark vs. Islam

jeffy777 said:
fluffnik said:
jeffy777 said:
Don't be so general. There are plenty of "rational liberal atheists" who treat religious people like retards.....

Of course.

They might even draw cartoons to lampoon your (delusional) beliefs.

That's kind of arrogant of you, don't you think? To call my beliefs false?

It might have been if I knew what they were and missed out the ().

I will not pretend to understand how the religious find belief in $DEITY credible in the complete absence of evidence; I just don't get it.

This may be a failing in me, but I don't see how.

I also don't see how a funny drawing can be considered a threat to an immutable "truth".

Even my local paper has something on this issue:

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/4932/newsstory1yj.th.jpg

cvg said:
Even my local paper has something on this issue:

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/4932/newsstory1yj.th.jpg

Seems a typical moderate view.

I can't help wondering how many would still be offended if they had actually seen the cartoons...

Lilleput said:
Wheres the B&O TV / Stereo? :)
All of the TV and Stereo equipment we have at home here in Norway is B&O... ;)

I believe that we have nothing to apologize for, it's freedom of speach and press. I see religions in general as the biggest obstacle from building "bridges" and reaching agreement between cultures...

After all this actions in Palestine, I would like to see that the EU steps back and stops sending money. You really shouldnt attack the one who feeds you.
Not so long ago anti-christian thoughts could have costed your life, but not anymore. It feels as if we are back in the middle ages. It's sad who history repeats itself.
There was great article posted by someone who calls himself Ibn Warraq on a german news site yesterday. Asking for solidarity with the Danish.

mmap said:
If they want to boycot (sp?) companies from those countries then fine, that's their right. But threatening individual, and innocent, people for something htey are not in any way accountable for is just IDIOTIC.
I know people who are getting fired (works for Arla) because of this shit! It's not fucking alright to boycott! It's one of the biggest companies in Denmark and it effects THE WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY if they're going down!

IMO, if you are willing to kill someone, to blow yourself up, because of some silly drawings, you should be locked up on a mental clinic. For life.

Religion sucks, not just islam, christianity as well. As long religion exists, there will be no peace!

I didn't read all 7 pages, but i bet someone said, "Just apologize already" and to who ever said (if anyone did).. Shut the fuck up!

Muslims...

Sorry for giving you shelter and help.
Sorry for giving you an education
Sorry for helping you financially
Sorry for letting you practice your religion freely in our chrisitan countries.
Sorry for sending help to your countries.
Sorry for not demanding vendetta on the muslims who murder our countrymen
Sorry for not prancing around with explosives on our bodies when we feel offended.
Sorry for not just doing, what your religion says.

But an appology for expressing ourselves in our own countries under our own laws, is an appology you will never get!

Thought that was worth a repost. Its a reader's letter that has been circulating the internet for a few days. I translated it from danish.

Hah, i was just about to translate and post that... so true..

^couldn't contain more truth

Religion sucks, not just islam, christianity as well. As long religion exists, there will be no peace!

i've been saying that for years

IronGauntlet said:
But an appology for expressing ourselves in our own countries under our own laws, is an appology you will never get!

And that's the thing muslims just don't seem to get in their heads!

Satyrical cartoons about everything and anything is an every day occurance, get a life and concentrate on matter closer to home.

bone said:

Ok, that can be your opinion, but can we please not turn this into a religion bashing thread? That won't really bring any peace.

bitrix said:
mmap said:
If they want to boycot (sp?) companies from those countries then fine, that's their right. But threatening individual, and innocent, people for something htey are not in any way accountable for is just IDIOTIC.
I know people who are getting fired (works for Arla) because of this shit! It's not fucking alright to boycott! It's one of the biggest companies in Denmark and it effects THE WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY if they're going down!

If someone really feels that upset about somthing that they feel they absolutely have to do something about it and the options they list are boycotting products and / or killing innocent people, then I am sorry but I am going to recommend boycotting every single time.

jeffy777 said:
bone said:

Ok, that can be your opinion, but can we please not turn this into a religion bashing thread? That won't really bring any peace.

Religion is OK if it's just between you and your $DEITY(s) and it stops you feeling squiffy when you stare into the void; fine, great, a bit sad.

However...

If religion demands that I live my life according to some ignorant superstition, or refrain from laughing at some ignorant superstition it can fuck right off.

I will respect religious beliefs only as far as their proponents respect my conviction that belief in a supernatural $DEITY is delusional.

I have a real problem with adults infecting children with their delusions - don't you think it wierd that you (like many of different incompatible religious beliefs) just happened to grow up where the One True Faith was ingested with mothers milk?

We all stop believing in Santa, despite playing with hard, physical evidence of his existence, so why cling to the much less credible tales of $DEITYs as anything more than ripping yarns?

IronGauntlet said:
Muslims...

Sorry for giving you shelter and help.
Sorry for giving you an education
Sorry for helping you financially
Sorry for letting you practice your religion freely in our chrisitan countries.
Sorry for sending help to your countries.
Sorry for not demanding vendetta on the muslims who murder our countrymen
Sorry for not prancing around with explosives on our bodies when we feel offended.
Sorry for not just doing, what your religion says.

Thought that was worth a repost. Its a reader's letter that has been circulating the internet for a few days. I translated it from danish.

Could anyone make a quick Wallpaper out of that? :|

mmap said:
If someone really feels that upset about somthing that they feel they absolutely have to do something about it and the options they list are boycotting products and / or killing innocent people, then I am sorry but I am going to recommend boycotting every single time.
You have a point, but this boycott is akin to people being pissed there is too much fat in thier double cheesburger and boycotting all American products untill they make tofu burgers, it's that silly and pointless.