Denmark vs. Islam

And now a message to people living outside of europe...

Do not worry friends.. we will strike back soon..
but dont forget that europe is a continent that sick of wars and has not been in a major war for generations..
and back then we where killing our fellow europeans..
but dont worry.. one day soon.. the flagburning, embassy burning.. people of the middleeast will feel the power of .. um.. ok ..
the only millitary forces we have to speak of are spesial forces.. (thou they kick ASS)

dammit.. forget it all ...
we need help if where going to kill some flagburners...
the amricans are too occupied with irak...
the russians are too occupied with Chechnya
The chinese might be willing.. yes.. the chinese.. in return we can help them make GOOD cars..

jeffy777 said:
fluffnik said:
We all stop believing in Santa, despite playing with hard, physical evidence of his existence, so why cling to the much less credible tales of $DEITYs as anything more than ripping yarns?

OK, Mr. Know-it-all, I was not raised in a religious family. I made my own conscious decision.

Good...

jeffy777 said:
And for you to call someone "delusional" isn't respectful in the least, so I can't see how you expect people to respect you.

I respect you enough not to lie. Firecat and I can converse constructively about our respective, very different, philosophical takes on the world so why not us?

I have never met an explanation for religious faith in a supernatural god which I can understand otherwise, I'd be delighted to listen to your explanation if you have one.

jeffy777 said:
In any case, it seems that I'm just wasting my time discussing these things with you, since you can't seem to respect what I say, but rather pick it appart and try to make me feel stupic, so please don't bother responding to this post.

As I mentioned earlier I do consider it possible that my complete incomprehention with regard to faith may be due to some lack or failing of mine - enlighten me.

I have a great deal of respect for many of the philisophical constructs embodied by varios religions even though I give no credence to the supernatural constructs in which it is wrapped.

Kebab gud said:
hajj: dont worry about that .. you live in europe.. most of the oil you use is from norway..
your my little oil bitch and im your oil pimp ..
(hmm .. ok i dont work in the oil industry.. but you get the idea..)

I have some very close friends in the oil business in Norway and in other not islamic countries (actually in Islamic countries as well, but they wouldnt export just for me :( ), so I do not worry about a lack of oil, but I will still pay a fortune for petrol if another oil crisis comes by.
The OPEC only supplies 40% of the oil used worldwide, but they own 78% of known the resources, to forget that they are politically unstable. ( Well at least most of them)
But oil isnt really my problem, it's lack of understanding and acknowledgement for our way of thinking. We give freedom to live your religion and way of life to everyone, but we get bashed if we get only close to them. After the attacks of 7/7 Islam has really gone down in my eyes, before you could have always blamed it on some society from the middle ages, but that was over then.

You know what's kinda funny....

In the Dubai Desert classic, Anders Hansen (Denmark) was leading, now he's tied with Tiger Woods.

This is just another example of how many religious hippocrits exist in the world and how religion is so often the source of violence.

Let's face it, religion is a concept for those who think to highly of themselves and think that
they deserve a treat in the afterlife. Why else do you think all of these very nicely written religious
"novels" claim rewards in the afterlife. Because people are to selfish to care if there were
no treats for them. I'd like to see a religion being based upon being an accepting and
ethically correct person and then being rewarded by only the feeling of knowing that
you have done right. No 40 virgins, no harmonic heaven.

Okay this wasn't the point at all with this post. Just got out of hands.

Let's all hold hands and be happy, and let's make religion come second.

Regarding the picture a couple of posts above, it implies that the cartoons of the Prophet were innocent in nature.....they weren't.

Anyway, the violence has been spreading and people that had nothing to do with the drawings or Denmark have been the victims. I don't approve of that...attacking a Christian area in Lebanon..wtf?!?

Firecat said:
Regarding the picture a couple of posts above, it implies that the cartoons of the Prophet were innocent in nature.....they weren't.

Anyway, the violence has been spreading and people that had nothing to do with the drawings or Denmark have been the victims. I don't approve of that...attacking a Christian area in Lebanon..wtf?!?

The drawings published in the danish newspaper were extremly innocent, have you seen them? Not the link I posted, those were not in the paper.

The Arab-European League has published anti-semitic cartoons in reaction to this.
1139100476cartoon_2recised.jpg

Do you think that's acceptable? Link

No buildings were burned down for this:

20051209h.jpg

Here is the blurb that went with that cartoon:
An enormous furor in the Muslim world continues to grow in response to a couple of Danish cartoons. A few weeks ago some cartoonists in Denmark drew some caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad for a newspaper spread. This is apparently a supreme insult in the world of Islam, so ever since angry Muslims across Europe and the Middle East have been engaged in huge protests, condemning the cartoonists and Denmark in general.

The latest development has apparently been the torching of the Danish embassy in Syria.

As you can tell from MY cartoon, I personally find it quite ironic that the Muslims are so offended by the drawings, considering they were, on par, considerably milder than a lot of the hateful artwork that comes out of the Arab world.

I'm not going to deny that in the greater context of things, this is all over the top. I mean, were any embassies burned over the Iraq war? There are greater crimes....i'd much rather see the poplutations of these countries rise up against their own governments......

avanti said:
a lot of nice muhammed drawings can be found here:
http://retecool.com/comments.php?id=13539_0_1_0_C
:lol:

Wow.

Good job with all the hate, though. Heck, the right-wingers are more civilised than this bunch. Atleast they respect the liberals here, it seems the same can't be said for some Europeans' feelings towards Muslims.

Not surprised though, the majority of the people think in a reactionary way. Both sides are fucked up. The dumbasses in Syria burning embassies, and the idiots that make cartoons with the notion that all muslims are terrorist are one and the same. There are a few muslims that have spoken up defending the freedom of press. The same can't be said about even some of the people here in admitting that their side showed a lack of respect.

An enormous furor in the Muslim world continues to grow in response to a couple of Danish cartoons. A few weeks ago some cartoonists in Denmark drew some caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad for a newspaper spread. This is apparently a supreme insult in the world of Islam, so ever since angry Muslims across Europe and the Middle East have been engaged in huge protests, condemning the cartoonists and Denmark in general.

The latest development has apparently been the torching of the Danish embassy in Syria.

As you can tell from MY cartoon, I personally find it quite ironic that the Muslims are so offended by the drawings, considering they were, on par, considerably milder than a lot of the hateful artwork that comes out of the Arab world.
Ah, so when it's a Danish paper mocking Muhammed, it's just a cartoon, but if it's from the Arab world, its "hateful artwork." Good to know they're staying objective. :roll:

This whole thing has gotten way out of hand. There are fucktards burning embassies in Syria, and there are fucktards in this thread claiming that Europe should stop selling their technology and other goods to the Middle East. Well I have news for all of you:

The Middle East needs Europe, and Europe needs the Middle East.

All this dickwaving on both sides needs to stop, seriously. :x