Denmark vs. Islam

A German scholar studying the linguistic structure of the text of the Qur'an has lately published, using the pseudonym Christoph Luxenberg, controversial findings that include his assertion that "houri" is actually not an Arabic, but an Syro-Aramaic word and that it does not mean "virgin of paradise" at all but rather "white raisins" or "juicy fruits".

i can only imagine someones face if he's expecting 70 virgins but only gets a bunch of grapes :lol:

arab made cartoons as reply to the danish ones
http://www.adl.org/main_Arab_World/arab_media_portrayal_jews.htm

are the riots set up and orchestrated?
http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20060206-100714-8557r

It is rather interesting that the arab cartoons are going mostly for the Jews and not for Christians who draw the ones that led to the current circumstances. (Or what did I miss again :? )

mautzel said:
It is rather interesting that the arab cartoons are going mostly for the Jews and not for Christians who draw the ones that led to the current circumstances. (Or what did I miss again :? )

it's the only thing some westerners might get offended by.

laugh with religion? ok
laugh with government? ok
laugh with white men himself? ok

there just is nothing else to offend us :lol:

Basically, white heterosexual males are the only group left on the planet you can poke fun at in public without some protest or demonstration forming somewhere.

bone said:
mautzel said:

it's the only thing some westerners might get offended by.

laugh with religion? ok
laugh with government? ok
laugh with white men himself? ok

there just is nothing else to offend us :lol:

How could I be offended anyway - it's just a cartoon :)

the only way they might be able to offend me, is by saying i'm religious :lol:

Damn this topic was long and took me about 3 days to read (From Uni.)

I have to agree that the muslim protestors have taken extreme measures in response of the Cartoons of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH). I believe freedom of speech is good to some extent, but it needs to be made sure that it does not go to extremes. I was personally offended by the pictures at first, but I have firm beliefs that my Prophet is not of the character showed in the cartoon so it does not bother me any more.

I think if the particular press wanted to show Islam as terrorist, other means would have been more appropriate (Making a cartoon of Bin Laden, or others).

Firecat said:
IronGauntlet said:
I propose we build a giant wall around the whole of the middle east, and we cut off all contact. Then they can live their primitive lives to full extent without us westerners making fun of their imaginary idols.

First we have to kick those filthy sand ni**ers out of our civilized nations.

I just think out cultures are too different. I don't mind them trying to integrate themselves in other societies, as long as they live by our rules. In my country, percantage wise, there are MANY more crimes commited by muslims than others. Thats what gets me angry, and i can't help but generalize. All i can say is that i am against islam. And thats my opinion.

And your referred to skin color, not religion or culture. I judge no man on the color of his skin.

Oh no, the pictures were published in an Egyptian Newspaper in October 2005 I demand a boycott of Egypt. Protesting Muslim world you hear me ? If not I have to come to the conclusion that you're a bunch of hypocrits. :lol:

Read about it here: http://freedomforegyptians.blogspot.com/2006/02/cartoons-were-published-five-months.html

97244035_169b54fe4a.jpg

97244039_3e2b1b88c5.jpg

jay, taliban promised 100kg gold for the one that kills the person that drew the cartoons, and 5kg for everyone who killes a danish, norwegian or german(??) soldier

bone said:
jay, taliban promised 100kg gold for the one that kills the person that drew the cartoons, and 5kg for everyone who killes a danish, norwegian or german(??) soldier

They probably ment French but don't take it that seriously...

I dont think the french are in Afghanistan ;) Besides the Cartoons were partly published in Germany as well, last week. But the question is how mich are they paying for a dutch solidier?

Oops, my bad - they seem to be going for pretty much everybody anyway, surely you'd get some gold for a Dutch solider as well (gives you a quite frightening idea of their financial ressources) :|

Especially if you take the current gold rush into consideration, one onze will cost you $540-550 these days. That's more than $17,000 a kg. Making it $85,000 for a soldier. :(