Denmark vs. Islam

Neither do I really, but maybe we will be enlightened by him, just wanted to show you about what he was talking.

Lilleput said:
I think hes talking about a old guy who was put in jail for 3 years for saying that the Hallocaust (sp?) never happend, the thing is that he sayed that many years ago but that country has some law stating that any claim that the hallocaust never happend is against the law, so he just broke a law as if he robbed a store.

well...not exactly like robbing a store.

and I understand that Denmark also has a law about publicly offending someone's religion.

Firecat said:
Lilleput said:
I think hes talking about a old guy who was put in jail for 3 years for saying that the Hallocaust (sp?) never happend, the thing is that he sayed that many years ago but that country has some law stating that any claim that the hallocaust never happend is against the law, so he just broke a law as if he robbed a store.

well...not exactly like robbing a store.

and I understand that Denmark also has a law about publicly offending someone's religion.

Well yeah, i assume most countries has these laws that prevent printing and demonstrating against relegious beliefs.

Firecat said:

Well, Norway also has a blasphemy-paragraf in the law, but it is a sleeping paragraf that is never used, and you'll find a lot of them, like the paragraf on vagrancy.

tloekke said:
Firecat said:

Well, Norway also has a blasphemy-paragraf in the law, but it is a sleeping paragraf that is never used, and you'll find a lot of them, like the paragraf on vagrancy.

Wierd danish laws that are not used :lol:

When driving, you must have someone in front of your car with a flag to warn horse drawn carriages that a motorcar is coming.

There is a penalty of 20kr (?2) for not reporting when a person has died.

One may not be charged for food at an inn unless that person, by his or her own opinion, is "full".

zenkidori said:
OK, I just read it, and I don't see what kind of relevance that has at all to my previous post.

it is relevant, cuz you say that freedom of speech includes the right to be offensive but no one is allowed to deny the hollocaust, why? because it will upset the jews, and is offensive for them. Again i dont deny that it happened but i dont see why someone can be sent to jail for it ? :? Doesn't that dude have the freedom to deny anything he wants even if its a fact?

Well that took place in a country where it's specifically not allowed to deny the holocaust, which I think is stupid, but whatever. Freedom of speech doesn't exist everywhere, look at china, or EVERY SINGLE ARAB NATION EVER. But in the countries where the cartoons were printed it's obviously not against the law to do so.

My point still stands, and so does that of the flash cartoon. This isn't Jews vs. Muslims here, so don't try to make it into that. Can you really blame the rest of the world for thinking Muslims are crazy when that's the face they present?

Ok i understand the whole muslim picture does not look pretty but I as a muslim would never kill, or burn any embassies no matter what, the thing is that i am not the only one infact most muslims are similar they protest peacefully but some nuts like those dudes just make us look bad. :cry:

And when those crazy assholes do thier thing, there isn't much of a backlash to speak of from Muslim communities, so it looks like the whole lot of them somewhat condone it.

zenkidori said:
I figured out what happened to all the missing jews during WWII, the ones that weren't killed were brought thru the stargate.

No, I'm fairly certain they hijacked a fleet of nazi submarines and went to the Lost City of Atlantis, where they are still flourishing to this day.

Just a small update.

Finally the UN took it's stance.

UN Higher Commissioner Louis Arbour?s special reporter Doudou Diene made harsh criticisms in his report about the Danish government and intellectuals along with the Danish daily Jyllands Posten, which published the blasphemous images first. The report stressed that ?beliefs should not be humiliated under the veil of freedom of expression? as it dwelled on the importance of fighting against Islamophobia.

Diene remarked that xenophobia and taking sides before Islam reached an ?alarming? level in Denmark with the publication of the insulting images admitting that, ?When political leaders do not fulfill their responsibility about xenophobia and insult to religion, Europe has entered a path, which will confirm the thesis of ?clash of civilizations?. The reporter emphasized that Jyllands Posten daily attacked Muslim believers by ?showing Islam equal to terrorism?, which is an old prejudice and it acted under the veil of auto-censorship and freedom of expression. ?The cartoons are absolutely insulting? said the reporter as he directed his criticisms towards the Anders Fogh Rasmussen government, which did not fulfill its responsibility. Diene?s report highlighted the violation of international agreements by the Danish government guaranteeing freedom of expression and respect to thoughts and beliefs.

The UN report said the Danish government had to make decisions against the cartoon crisis for its international responsibility and responsibility to 200,000 Muslims in the country. It also noted that the Danish Government?s lack to show sensitivity for insulting religions and Islamaphobia as it showed against anti-Semitism was dreary. Emphasizing the cartoon crisis arose in Denmark due to rising xenophobia, the UN report stated Jyllands Posten stands against tolerance and supports the clash of civilizations. The Senegalese reporter said ?Their defense that freedom of speech is limitless contradicts international rules. There is a great need to establish a balance between freedom of speech and freedom of faith. This publication explicitly shows a lack of understanding and emotion for believers. The newspaper also helped Islam and terror to be likened.?

Danish intellectuals were criticized in the report. The UN reporter emphasized that it was wrong to divide the world into two as secular and modern society on the one side and undeveloped Muslims on the other. The reporter addresses UN at the end of his report and called it to struggle against Islamaphobia and insulting religions. It also demanded repercussion for people who see Islam equal to terrorism.

And here's the new poster for their anti racism campaign

115794049_c1e41c772a_o.jpg

What a load of BS. Maybe Justin was right about the UN all along.

Oh please, someone give the whiners a set of balls for crying out loud!

"It also noted that the Danish Government’s lack to show sensitivity for insulting religions and Islamaphobia..."

THE DANISH GOVERNMENT INSULTED NO ONE!! Will someone please hammer this into their heads.

70% of the world does not have internet access....

i wonder what they'd say if they were on here?

I hate to revive this thread...but...

On the subject of depicting the Prophet, it may have been mentioned that the U.S. Supreme court shows Mohammed (pbuh) as part of a group of 18 lawgivers....of course, they have included in literature that although it does represent him, it's not exactly a depiction or meant to resemble him.

scotusnfrieze.jpg

I remember reading something about it, but I never saw any pictures. I just found it interesting.

They mentioned that on Bullshit! if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, and put me down for a fiver on Denmark over Islam by 3.

/going to hell for sure.