Destroying stuff

camelfarmer

Car(s)
Ford focus
What would top gear have to destroy to actually upset you? Have they already upset you by anything they've destroyed?

Apart from something living I can't think of anything. Weird how much I'm willing to put up with for a laugh.

An old Land Rover, because I know they all like them too.

Or Top Gear Dog.

I'd be rather upset of they destroyed a Lancaster Bomber, very upset actually.

Although I don't agree with destruction of most things, buildings, cars, planes. Its always a shame to see a 100 yeaer old ornate victiorian factory torn down to build a housing estate of identical buildings, normaly painted a ghastly light yellow colour. I've been around the show homes and the quality of finish is dreadful, foam based cornices and plastic dado rails. Ugh, if your going to give your stupid wooden house victioran styling at least use wood and plaster.

I've never seen the point in destroying old things as long as they still work, I hardley ever buy anything new, I generaly find I can buy something old for less money that'll do the job I want it to anyway.

I'd be upset if they destroyed another Stig.

I'm content with the white Stig and all his international cousins.

I don't like it when they destroy those pianos. I still laugh like an idiot, but still.

I'd be rather upset of they destroyed a Lancaster Bomber, very upset actually.

Although I don't agree with destruction of most things, buildings, cars, planes. Its always a shame to see a 100 yeaer old ornate victiorian factory torn down to build a housing estate of identical buildings, normaly painted a ghastly light yellow colour. I've been around the show homes and the quality of finish is dreadful, foam based cornices and plastic dado rails. Ugh, if your going to give your stupid wooden house victioran styling at least use wood and plaster.

I've never seen the point in destroying old things as long as they still work, I hardley ever buy anything new, I generaly find I can buy something old for less money that'll do the job I want it to anyway.

That's cause poor people need affordable housing. Wood is very expensive.

I don't like it when they destroy those pianos. I still laugh like an idiot, but still.

Yeah that's a bit of a shock to me too. A 2nd hand piano is only like 100 quid though. I saw one on gumtree for free last week, in perfect working condition.

Last edited:
My car, as in the one owned by me. Various things they have destroyed have made me mildly sad because I liked it but not OMG RAGE over anything. I liked the last marina all done up with the rollcage and stuff because it won the race and should have earned not-dying. Oh well.

It does take 11 months to assemble a Steinway.

If something was confirmed to be the last in the world, I might be annoyed. Otherwise, it's all fair game.

Hell, I probably wouldn't even object if they took out a Citroen SM or a '67 Buick Riviera, and those are my two favorite body designs ever.

An old Land Rover, because I know they all like them too.

Or Top Gear Dog.

Somehow, I don't think Land Rovers are at the top of their "Cars/Objects To Destroy" list. Or TG Dog. (Besides, she lives with one of them!)

If something was confirmed to be the last in the world, I might be annoyed. Otherwise, it's all fair game.

My thoughts, too, pretty much.

That's cause poor people need affordable housing. Wood is very expensive.
That still doesn't justify it, my family ow live in a Victioran house easily twice as big as the ones in the estate with a large garden in a quiet villege for ?70,000 less than the new one!:blink:
Yeah that's a bit of a shock to me too. A 2nd hand piano is only like 100 quid though. I saw one on gumtree for free last week, in perfect working condition.
Very true, its a shame as cheap ones tend to be the oldest most ornate, but I know from experiance a proper good piano will cost 1-3 grand. I doubt the ones TG are buying are very good, probably old cheap Chinese ones that fall to bits..
shellygrrl said:
Somehow, I don't think Land Rovers are in any way destructable
Fixed! ;)

Oliver...although I'm pretty sure Hammy wouldn't let anything happen to him.:)

I did have a rather upsetting dream recently involving James holding Richard back, while Jezza beat Oliver with a hammer.:cry:

my faith in humanity... as in Clarkson apologizing for everything he's done that has annoyed some peace loving, tree hugging hippy out there in the world.

and like Buffy said, Oliver. For such a small car it has such character and much like Hammond, you do feel like treating it like a family member.

I did have a rather upsetting dream recently involving James holding Richard back, while Jezza beat Oliver with a hammer.:cry:

Someone draw this! Now that would have a chance of showing up on the show.

I think BBC will one day put Oliver in a "life threatening situation" just to amp up ratings, but I doubt the general public or poor little Hammy would allow any fatality to happen.

Old cars mostly. To me it's destroying something that can never be replaced. I'd rather see 15 Ferrari Enzo's crushed by a monster truck, then to see a single Ferrari 275 GTS so much as mildly damaged. Doesn't really matter if the car is all that good to drive or not. Just seems mean spirited and petty, especially when done as a joke to attack the people love that particular car, like TopGear has been doing recently.