Detroit motor show: Infiniti Coupe Concept

Overheat

Forum Addict
07-infiniti-coupe-concept.jpg

More than a subtle hint at the new G35 coupe, Infiniti's Coupe Concept on display in Detroit is a good-looking luxury sports car.

Not all of the Coupe Concept's features will make it onto the real thing, due to be launched at the New York Motor Show in April, but for now, the full-length glass roof, rear-view cameras in place of mirrors, 20-inch painted aluminium-alloy wheels and polished bare metal-effect paint are pretty eye-catching. The new-look "double wave" curved instrument panel, with violet back-lighting and a full-length centre console, is more likely to make it to production.

Infiniti, Nissan's competitor to Toyota's Lexus and Honda's Acura brands, is to launch its range in Europe within the next few years, so this concept could preview a car to come this side of the Atlantic. It's just a show car at the moment, however, and Nissan has given no details of engine or powertrain.

Very handsome. If I could, I would purchase one.

I usually hate posts like these, but it looks scarily close to the Lexus LFSXASFAEIOUandsometimesYXLS-FX337 concept. You know, the supercar one... :unsure:

(Ok, the LF-A concept. Whateverrr.)

It looks like they sharpened up the lines of the current Skyline/G35.

Probably the next G35 or G36 or whatever they're going to call it. Expect to see it with a RWD toned down version of the next GT-R platform under it.