Ownership Verified: Detroit Steel: The CraigB/Dr_Grip 1972 Ford Country Sedan adventure thread

It's a beauty! :thumbsup:

.. and pretty much to your spec., as well. Plus only 40k on the odo with a clean look from the photos, is a pretty rare find.

Well done to CraigB for the find and the logistics. ( & Mrs. CraigB too. ) :cool:

He may not want to let Lucille go in October. :lol:

It looks totally awesome. 16:9 picture format was made for this car. I hope you'll have lots of fun with it, on both sides of the pond. Speaking of which, are you sure shipping it is necessary? It looks like the front end could touch a French beach while the rear is still in America.

So, just to be clear: SHOTGUN! :D (for the inevitable lap)

I already called one of the rear jump seats the other day. Purely for the lulz.

Poland, of course.

Fixed. And Godwined.

It's a beauty! :thumbsup:

.. and pretty much to your spec., as well. Plus only 40k on the odo with a clean look from the photos, is a pretty rare find.

Well done to CraigB for the find and the logistics. ( & Mrs. CraigB too. ) :cool:

He may not want to let Lucille go in October. :lol:

I second that. Big props to CraigB and Mrs CraigB with a nod to Spectre.

Also in case you didn't know, October is a fine time to leave him for Lucille.

Yes I know the original was Kenny Rogers* but Waylon sang the theme to the original Dukes of Hazzard therefore more appropriate.

*Now owns a chicken farming business called Kenny Rogers Chickens. And has no idea what "rogers" means in a NSFW context.

For 800$ that really isn't bad at all! Despite it really probably being one of the worst cars America had to offer at the time. :p Congrats!

EDIT: I'm an idiot, but fuck it, not editing it out.

Last edited:
That was how much they knocked off the original asking price, not what was paid for the car.

$800 would work out at about 50 bucks per metre which is way too cheap.

The downside for anyone riding shotgun is that if they then transfer to one of the rear seats they will have to put their watch forward an hour.

I really don't think he paid just 800$ for it, that would be ridiculous...
He wrote he haggled the seller down 800$, that's 5200$ instead of 6000$ for example. ;)

Oh, and big congrats, I demand a terrifying lap around the ring. :D

I really don't think he paid just 800$ for it, that would be ridiculous...
He wrote he haggled the seller down 800$, that's 5200$ instead of 6000$ for example. ;)

Oh, and big congrats, I demand a terrifying lap around the ring. :D

A V8 boat on a track..? :woot:

Nowait, that's not it. :|

:rolleyes:

That's so cool! Well done both of you! I like the license plate surrounds!

I cannot wait to see this parked next to the...differently sized Opel :p

Nevertheless - ohdeargod. Its so hideously and terribly beautifully brilliant.

Reactions: MWF
You need to put a couple surfboards on the roof!

Yep, it's factory AC and I have no idea what the tin can is for, but I've been told it's stock.

The tin can is a vacuum canister. It is factor and looks totally redneck. My flareside had one.

If you have a vacuum leak, check for
Rust on the bottom part that mounts to the fender wall.

Nice. I didn't know that the Ford Cortina estate had a Dr. Evil-style counterpart in the US. You have to find one when you bring it over to Europe, park next it, and take some pictures.

Yep, it's factory AC and I have no idea what the tin can is for, but I've been told it's stock.

That is a stock period vacuum reservoir. Often found on AC cars as the cam grinds of the era often meant the engine did not produce a lot of vacuum at times (lots of valve overlap.)

Christ, that's fantastic... It's also fucking huge, is there a even road in Europe possible of containing it's vast proportions?!

Also looks really nice and unmolested. Although... It's not a Country Squire, so you're missing out on a large amount of I Can't Believe It's Not Wood... :(

5821d1226416114-help-need-all-ac-parts-my-72-country-squire-wagon-wagon-ii.jpg

Does it have drums up front? And if so do you plan a retrofit for some discs?