Ownership Verified: Detroit Steel: The CraigB/Dr_Grip 1972 Ford Country Sedan adventure thread

Now with the fuel in Germany being like 1.6? a liter, how much exactly does it take to run it there?

That's a taboo question :p

Assuming up to 10mpg and 98 at 1.65?/l to avoid up to 5% ethanol you're looking at 40?/100km in petrol alone. Taxes will be 191.73? a year on H-plates. Not sure about insurance, but H-plated cars usually are reasonable to insure.

I think we can be quite sure that the car will consume petrol.

The scary thing is, that that was the level of technology when humans last walked on the moon.

Disc brakes are a level of technology from before when humans first walked on the moon. We're still using them. :p

Web_Jaguar_Mk2_disc_brakes.JPG

Well, after 1,525 miles and 32 hours on the road, Lucille, Gena and I have all made it home no worse than when we started (though after that amount of time in the truck the humans backsides are very sore).

I'll get Lucille off the trailer later and get a few shots of her before I clean out a spot for her in the garage. The Fairmont will have to stay outside for the time being.

This car and the way it was purchased make me feel happy and jealous the same time. Congrats and enjoy her, Doc. And Craig too, of course.

Those sideways mounted rear seats gave me flashbacks to childhood. One of my friend's parents had an 80s Country Squire at one point.

Budget and German classic car rules prohibit extensive modifications - the things I could get away with (heads, cam) I can't afford. Thus, we'll probably get an Edelbrock Performer 400 intake manifold and a matching 4 bbl carb and leave it at this.
Period-correct EFI would be an interesting concept fuel economy wise but I fear that'd blow the budget as much as or more than heads would.

A manifold and carb will be more than a pleasant upgrade, I know those 400 motors can be a bit of a dog.

Does the rear window wind down into the tailgate? If so FG Punch and Judy show at Ringmeet 15!

I don't see what's the deal with everyone talking about the size of the thing. Germany has thousands of vehicles this size already. They're called Zug

But she came out of the factory with that feature?