Deus Ex: Human Revolution

jedd_kenobi

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A Blue Police Box
DX3_Logo2.png
Saw the trailer for this on XBox Live today and just blew me away. Obviously its impossible to tell how good a game is going to be just from a cinematic trailer but this does tick a lot of the boxes to at least get my interest.

Judging from the trailer it looks to be a mixture of Matrix, Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell. Since thats a good combination its well worth a look.
The game is the third in the Deus Ex series and is a First Person Shooter / Role Playing Game. Apparently this game is going to be a prequel to the first game which turns out to be good for me since i've not played the two previous games and only vaguely aware of the series beforehand.
The game is being produced by Eidos and SquareEnix and is currently scheduled for a early 2011 release and will be on the PS3, XBox 360 and the PC.
From Wikipedia
The game takes place during the year 2027, 25 years before Deus Ex. Nanotechnological augmentations have yet to be developed and biomechanical augmentations are the current state of the art. The main character, Adam Jensen, is a private security officer with a company that specializes in these augmentations. He witnesses a chilling attack on his company, and "the conspiracy begins." Adam Jensen will be voiced by Elias Toufexis.
Five metropolises are included and Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal have been confirmed.[12] In addition, the protagonist will have his own apartment where he may store his secrets and collected information. The events in the game will lead to the formation of UNATCO from the original game.

that looks faffan impressive

thats another game on the list then, it sounds like my perfect game.

damn that looks pretty awesome. remember playing Deus Ex aaaaaaaaaages ago, was a good game.

the trailer makes it feel almost like a movie, the voiceover guy reminds me alot of Bale's Batman

Holy.........fuck. That looks amazing (will probably be the case where the trailer is better than the game, though :().

Still, it looks like it will be well worth the play, even though I haven't played the first two games. I once tried to play the first one, but I thought the gameplay was just so aweful (just the running around and shooting mechanics), I quit after like 5 mins; should I give it another shot?

Last edited:
The cinematics look that good cause they were done by Square Enix's people who did both Final Fantasy movies. The graphics also look awesome! Just wish it wasn't so... brown...

Loved the trailer, but screens look awful, here's hoping they are from a 720p Xbox version.

I'd rather watch a CG movie done in the style of the trailer.

Much like Hong Kong, Paris and New York were hubs in the original Deus Ex, Shanghai will be an open and exploration-demanding world - with apartments to rootle through, whorehouses to wander around in, Triad bases to converse and/or shoot within and the Ty-Young augmentation corporation to bother...

...The only information you have to go on is that there's a man called Tong who runs a downtown (and below town) club called The Hive who has some information, as well as ringing a bell or two.

While you're there you might even be able to dabble in some extreme violence and air ducts, and there's certainly a datapad with a code on in the toilets. The presence of Australian NPCs and mirrors is yet to be confirmed. The more things change, the more they seem to stay gloriously the same.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/deus-ex-human-revolution-preview

Sounds good, sounds blasting good. When this comes out, I'm gonna go like "Whoa!" all over again.

Open world huh? We'll see how that works out. If it's small-scale it could be good, like the newest Wolfenstein.

going to have to agree with Ice there. the newest wolfenstein was a terrible game. good concept but i never felt like i was part of the game or its story.

No it didn't. It had really slick gameplay. The multiplayer was lame and the story was almost non existent but everything else was great.

I was specifically referencing the small open world, which worked perfectly (except for too many load points).

Open world, huh? Let's hope there are some nice, futuristic vehicles (although it's only 17 years into the future, so no flying cars, probably). :D

Last edited:
Just because you integrate open world gameplay into a game, doesn't mean you have to forego the story in its entirety. I'd rather play a completely linear game with a good story (HL2, my favourite FPS) than an open world game with no story whatsoever.

Just because you integrate open world gameplay into a game, doesn't mean you have to forego the story in its entirety. I'd rather play a completely linear game with a good story (HL2, my favourite FPS) than an open world game with no story whatsoever.

I agree, but by the looks of this trailer, we won't have to worry about that.

also this is SquareEnix abd Eidos that are working on this game. Square do have a good reputation for putting together some good strong storylines. While BioWare are still my favorite games company, Square do come in at second and they usually don't fail to deliver (knocks on wood)