Spoilers: Dexter on Showtime

^ Really? I thought the opposite, but I watched them back-to-back so that makes them hard to judge.

As somebody who hates anything about serial killers by default, could somebody please describe the appeal of the show? I'm assuming it has some sort of redeeming nature and isn't just some dumb snuff film for TV or something. AKA why the hell would you want to watch a show about a murderer?

I am pretty sure that for most "normal" people there is no serial killer fan club, but this show and the way they depict everything is VERY good and VERY entertaining. I highly recommend watching at least 2 or 3 episodes before making up your mind on it.

^ Really? I thought the opposite, but I watched them back-to-back so that makes them hard to judge.
I just didn't really buy the whole 'Ice Truck' killer thing. I thought it was all a bit... hokey. I also got bored with Rita and her ex husband pretty quickly. And I didn't notice how much the constant flashbacks (especially the ones to Dexter in the shipping crate) were annoying me until they were gone.

I thought season 2 was bit more realistic which I really liked and as well as that it had much richer story lines for the supporting characters. I also liked the way the story kept building and twisting, without getting the least bit tedious, all the way to the very end.

^ Hmm, true. I guess season 2 is stronger in most areas. Plus I think the FBI dude is a pretty cool character.

The only thing about season 1 was the suspense of finding out who the Ice Truck Killa was.

Now my all time favourite show. Just so original, so unique, so loveable.. I could go on for months. It's not prefect, but it's pretty damn close.

Can't wait for season 3.

Who felt bad for Dokes though? I had a feeling Lila would come into the end in episode 11

^ Doakes has always been an ass to Dexter, even when he had little evidence of his crimes in season 1. Don't feel bad for him at all.

^ Doakes has always been an ass to Dexter, even when he had little evidence of his crimes in season 1. Don't feel bad for him at all.

Still, I couldn't help but feel a little bad for him.

Maybe I'm too soft, aye? :p

i'm so glad about what happened to lila i never like her from the start....

Another great episode. The killing Lila scene was all rushed, woulda been nice to have seen a little more there. I wonder what his "new code" and "new rituals" will be in Season 3...

Never seen an episode, but I have heard good things.
Downloading...

i don't know how much of dexter you're currently downloading, just don't don't download the first episode like i did because you'll die from waiting for the other eps to finish downloading... if i were you i'd dl the whole season right away;)

Yeah I usually download 4-5 episodes of a show, figure that gives the writers enough time to get me hooked. If it looks good I'll get the rest. From what people are saying it looks like I'll be getting the whole series :)

I looked today if there was any info on the new season yet, (even though I'm supposed to get an e-mail on it) and the only news was about Season 1 on CBS. Here is some info for anyone who doesn't have Showtime and doesn't want to download...

sho.com said:
DEXTER, the critically acclaimed drama series about a serial killer, which recently completed its second season on sister cable network SHOWTIME, makes an unprecedented appearance on network television when it premieres Sunday, Feb. 17 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

DEXTER's move to CBS marks the first time a full season of a premium cable drama series will make the transition to network television. DEXTER's 12-episode first season will be edited for network television and will be broadcast on 12 consecutive Sundays.

"We?re excited to work with our corporate cousins at SHOWTIME on this unique programming opportunity,? said Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment. "'Dexter' is a high-quality, compelling series that will be new and original programming for most CBS viewers. It?s also a great match with our existing line-up, affording us the opportunity to promote this critically decorated series in CBS? top-rated crime dramas.?

"We're thrilled to have the chance to expose 'Dexter' to a wider audience on CBS," said Robert Greenblatt, President, Entertainment, SHOWTIME Networks. "I think it will be very compatible with their line-up as well as be a great opportunity to promote our brand on a platform that reaches every home in America."

Based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, DEXTER stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Michael C. Hall ("Six Feet Under") as Dexter Morgan, an incredibly likeable forensics expert for the Miami Metro Police Department who also happens to be a serial killer?but one with his own moral code in that he only kills murderers who can't otherwise be brought to justice.

DEXTER is one of the most critically decorated shows on television. The series has been honored in two consecutive years with American Film Institute Awards for Top 10 Outstanding Programs (2006, 2007) and has been nominated in various categories for awards given out by the Writers Guild, Producers Guild, Casting Society, Television Critics Association and the Primetime Emmy Awards.

For his portrayal of Dexter Morgan, Hall has been twice nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Drama Series (2006, 2007), a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series and a Television Critics Association Award for Individual Achievement in Drama. He is the recipient of a Golden Satellite Award and a Saturn Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series.

DEXTER's second season finale on Sunday, Dec. 16 averaged 1.4 million viewers, the largest audience ever for an original SHOWTIME broadcast.

DEXTER also stars Julie Benz ("Angels," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), Jennifer Carpenter ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose"), Erik King ("National Treasure"), Lauren Velez ("Oz"), David Zayas ("Michael Clayton") and James Remar ("Sex and the City"). John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, and Clyde Phillips, are executive producers. DEXTER was developed for television by James Manos, Jr.

Dexter is great. I hope this doesn't mean it's going to be dumbed down like shows like Entourage were when they went into syndication.

I'm watching some old SFU. Michael C. Hall is a great actor... Dexter and David Fisher are nothing alike.

Oh, apologies, I thought this was the discussion about the Dexter cartoon series (yeah i now, that sounds really lofty and mature :()
but this show seems to have potential, im glad i stumbled upon this thread!

For those interested, Dexter returns with Season 3 in September according to a promo I saw on SHO the other day.