Diablo III

lvl 48 monk on act IV nightmare, alone... having fun so far with this game ;) worth the buy

The barbarians. Mighty warriors whose strength and ferocity are a match for any foe, whether slavering beast or foul demon. Tall, broad, and rippling with muscle, the barbarian can bear a heavy weapon too large for a commoner to lift, or wield two full-sized armaments?one in each hand?with wickedly lethal purpose. In the wild and monstrous lands of Sanctuary, there is nothing more frightening than a barbarian with a dry blade.

This does not quite describe the gray old man hiding in the corner spamming Stunning skills while the teen-aged Wizard girl behind him kills the monsters.
It doesn't describe the barbarian as a fleeing, cowardly tower of muscles who runs around the map, running away from monsters, occasionally giving his party buffs, only to die a moment later from Arcane lazers...

That's the character I have... if that's "fearsome" then the dictionaries have had it wrong all this time! :|

Look, it's not like I dont get the challenge but this is riduculous. Games shouldn't be too easy, challenge is fun.
But melee stands no chance... that's your only hope. Spam stunning skill while the rest of your party does the killing.

Maybe it's just me but that's not fun. Barbarian as a support character?
Tomorrow pigs will fly.

Last edited:

Someone had to do it.

Look, that clip is hillarious but let me put on my serious face for a moment.
images

It's pure hell being a Barb.
1. You have to get hit and deal hits in order to build up Fury
2. One full Fury is not enough to kill a single blue Elite
3. No range what so evar!

I really only make Melee characters in fantasy games, any game. I prefer them to wizzards or any other ranged class. Do not ask me why because I don't know...
Thing with the Barbarian is that the whole game is a little designed against it. Elites don't have any melee skills they're all ranged, they all hit hard to all classes and being a Barbarian and having to get close to hit them back, you die. When you respawn your Fury is empty and that's the problem. It's impossible to build up Fury to deal good Dmg because when you get close to a Elite they will kill you... I am ok with dying, but dying in under 5seconds when I know my items are a-ok for the level? Seriously? :|
I could farm gold for a week and buy better items off the AH BUT!
->I can't escape the feeling that I would only manage because I have higher tier items than I should.

I have tried everything, skill combinations, runes. All.
The only way is to get better gear than is dropping from the monsters you're currently killing if you want to play a Barb. I don't think the barbarian is living up to the description given by blizzard. When I play solo i have to run around like a coward, occasionally hitting stunning skills and then run around some more. When in a party all a Barb can do is buff and stun and the rest of the party deals the killing damage... I don't expect to be able to run head on into every single battle but seriously the further you get in the game the more ridiculous it gets.

I wanted to make a Barbarian, not monster fodder...

Last edited:
same thing im bitching about for weeks, totally imbalanced and their answer is to nerf other classes instead of buffing the barb for tanking like hes supposed to, even with huge dps and armor the range makes any technique screw you over...

So, post patch, feels better? Im feeling the barb is way stronger compared to his sad little stun and run routine of old, and im not even at all level 60+ items yet.

Haven't touched D3 in month. Quite disappointed tbh. A really short game just streched by higher level difficulty. It may be a trick my mind is playing me, but I'd say D2 was noticably longer.

For the record, Whimsyshire is fucking disturbing.