Ownership Verified: Diamond in the rough

From this

DSC02886.jpg

To this

20150726_1551161_zpsa3sfxu7x.jpg

Good work! Also, the wooden steering wheel is awesome :thumbsup:

I'd put some kind of rust protection on the underbody, even if you don't drive it in the winter. You can pass it on to your grandkids if you do :p

This thread :thumbsup:

Jeez man, you are doing this build properly. It's good be a beast when it's done.

Were those 4-pots stock on your car, or are they nicked from a 300ZX? I remember people talking about how good they were back in my old Subaru days; apparently they bolted up as well as the Subaru 4-pot/2-pots.

300zx 30mm calipers. A little trick I learned working at Autozone, no one there knows the difference between calipers so you can use your single piston junk as cores for the 4 piston big brakes. It cost me less with the terrible employee discount to get reman calipers than used, just pay the core charge up front and come back with the worthless cores later.

The car will be going lower now that it's mocked up. Thinking about getting a new set of coilovers, mine are almost 8 years old that I initially bought used for cheap being broke at the time. I also have a fender roller for the rear once it warms up a bit.

20160220_145023_zpsff374sws.jpg

20160220_144959_zpsww7qxreo.jpg