• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Did I hear them say they are testing Corvette?

SonTon2003

New Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
2
I was watching an episode last night, 7-25 i think, and I thought they said that they will be testing a 6.0l or a 7.0l Corvette (I don't remember which) anyone else catch that?
 
nosispower said:

So Topgear will be testing the new 6.0L LS2. That's awesome! Let's see how it stacks up the the competition... Anyone have thoughts on where it may place in the standings? Maybe just below the Ford GT?
 
I dont see it beating the M3 CSL...
 
Kip_6666 said:
Fast in a straight line, shit in the corners, bad interiour, american.. :)

shit in the corners?

Have you even driven a 'vette? These cars are AMAZING when the roads get tight and twisty. There's a reason the C5 GTRs have come on strong in Speed World Challenge, ALMS, and other race series. They are fast, light, reliable cars that were built to handle well and not break the bank.

-Prince
 
Kip_6666 said:
Fast in a straight line, shit in the corners, bad interiour, american.. :)

You could get away with saying that about earlier Corvettes, but the new C6 Corvette is an absolutely amazing machine. I am betting it will put out an extremely respectable time on the Top Gear track. Its base price is under $50,000 US as well - there isn't anything in that price range that even comes close to competing with it.

I've never been a fan of any American cars, but I find it extremely difficult to argue with the value and performance of the 2005 Dodge Viper, Corvette C6 and Ford GT. :)
 
i don't like one thing about the viper, the damn car alarm...i just want to look at you...don't have to warn us with the fucking annoying beeps...just let me look into the interior and stuff..butt noo u can't be too close its got a "bubble of personal space deal"

Ford GT is pretty cool except the gas thing....only 75 miles per tank...booo but i guess its for the "best" of the car
 
SonTon2003 said:
nosispower said:

So Topgear will be testing the new 6.0L LS2. That's awesome! Let's see how it stacks up the the competition... Anyone have thoughts on where it may place in the standings? Maybe just below the Ford GT?

What the hell?

yeah right just below a GT :roll:
 
therem3dy said:
Kip_6666 said:
Fast in a straight line, shit in the corners, bad interiour, american.. :)

shit in the corners?

Have you even driven a 'vette? These cars are AMAZING when the roads get tight and twisty. There's a reason the C5 GTRs have come on strong in Speed World Challenge, ALMS, and other race series. They are fast, light, reliable cars that were built to handle well and not break the bank.

-Prince

C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 had no handling..

let's see if the C6 is any better
 
Renesis said:
What the hell?

yeah right just below a GT :roll:

"Just below a GT" could mean either faster than a GT or slower than a GT. I'm sure he meant the latter. :p
 
Dark_Templer_102 said:
Ford GT is pretty cool except the gas thing....only 75 miles per tank...booo but i guess its for the "best" of the car

When they said he would get 75 miles to a tank, they were talking about the gas mileage he was getting while driving the car on the track - he was obviously driving the car very hard so he was getting awful gas mileage.

If you use the numbers given out by Ford, with average driving the Ford GT would get around 175 miles to tank in the city (10mpg) and around 280 miles on the highway (16mpg). They still aren't very impressive numbers, but they're much better than 75. :)

Oh, and in my opinion the C6 will perform extremely well on the Top Gear track, but I guarantee it will not place anywhere near the Ford GT. Remember, this is a $50,000 US car! I'd expect it to be somewhere near the BMW M3 CSL.
 
the C6 will do average, not better than the M3 CSL.

american cars arent great at handling cause its almost a cultural thing.

WE made the muscle cars that were powerful and perfect for drag races. WE have the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) a league for drag racing straight line racing.

the Euros are the ones that make cars like the Enzo, M3, 911 Turbo and others than can carve a track out of a hill side road, that can handle the type of roads ni europe which are tight, curvy and would be better driven with cars with more finesse, less power and more handling ability.

plain and simple. 8)
 
justin syder said:
the C6 will do average, not better than the M3 CSL.

american cars arent great at handling cause its almost a cultural thing.

WE made the muscle cars that were powerful and perfect for drag races. WE have the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) a league for drag racing straight line racing.

the Euros are the ones that make cars like the Enzo, M3, 911 Turbo and others than can carve a track out of a hill side road, that can handle the type of roads ni europe which are tight, curvy and would be better driven with cars with more finesse, less power and more handling ability.

plain and simple. 8)

I think you're missing the point. The C6 is far from a typical American car.

Past American cars have handled horribly for the most part, but this new breed of American sportscar (new Corvette, Viper, Ford GT) are definetly breaking the long tradition of poor handling.

I'll guess we'll have to wait for the episode on Sunday to see how well it does.

(I wouldn't be so sure that it won't beat the M3 CSL either. It will most likely be in that general area, but I wouldn't be suprised if it beats the M3 CSL)
 
SPG900 said:
Renesis said:
What the hell?

yeah right just below a GT :roll:

"Just below a GT" could mean either faster than a GT or slower than a GT. I'm sure he meant the latter. :p

still "just" no fucking way!

if it beats a stock 360 it'll have to be considered "impressive"
 
Kip_6666 said:
Fast in a straight line, shit in the corners, bad interiour, american.. :)

I was just guessing that about the new corvette, not sure if it will actually be like that. I was only judgeing based on previous models.

I do like the look of them, and the price is very nice.

And like someone pointed out, the cultural differences plays a huge part in that.
 
Renesis said:
if it beats a stock 360 it'll have to be considered "impressive"

Yes I agree though. It won't beat an Exige either, etc. I'm thinking 1m 28.5 ish.
 
Top