Did somebody at Nissan spill the beans on the 2008 GT-R?

Thanks for the pics.

Although its a little early to pass judgement on the new Skyline, I think I'd go with the Z06. It looks like it'll still be the faster car, more tuneable, better looking, lighter, and I like...no, love that V8. And no, I don't think the new Skyline would beat a Z06 on the 'ring - 7:40 is a damn good time.

Thanks for the pics.

Although its a little early to pass judgement on the new Skyline, I think I'd go with the Z06. It looks like it'll still be the faster car, more tuneable, better looking, lighter, and I like...no, love that V8. And no, I don't think the new Skyline would beat a Z06 on the 'ring - 7:40 is a damn good time.

speaking of that Z06

anyone got vid's of one with a super charger? oh baby 7litre V8 + super charger = pant wetting time.

this GTR will probably muller the Z06 and alot of other cars in the corners...the R34 stuck like cornflakes baked on to a cereal bowl (you know those things just will not come off once they've been melted on)

As good as will be to drive, It's very ugly.

I don't think the 7 min mark is to be taken literally. He probably meant in a 7:00 - 7:59 range. Just like how you say a car is 9s in 1/4 mile when it's time i 9.99.

If there is a supercharged version of the new Z06 in the pipeline, most people say that it won't be the 7.0L

iirc, the 7.0 is the 6.3 with higher displacement, and GM doesn't want to put more stress on the engine by super charging it. Rather they feel that the 6.3 will be better suited for the job, and stick with that. Probably something to do with thinner cylinder walls...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/spy-shots-2009-nissan-skyline-gt-r/

um...wow.

An Arizona local calling himself Badgermike managed to take some close-up images of the all-new GT-R in testing. Nissan have been relentless in its final testing of the all-new GT-R that?s due next year, running extensive shakedown tests both in Germany at the famed N?rburgring circuit and more recently in the south-eastern states of the US, and always with a Porsche 911 Turbo in tow.

Of course, the Nissan engineers weren?t too happy to see him pull out his camera but when quizzed about the performance, one engineer replied ?911 Turbo.? There are no new details about the car?s mechanical package. Only that it will feature a high-performance turbo V6 engine developing between 450 and 500hp. The new GT-R also drops a conventional manual set-up in favor of paddle-shifters located behind the steering wheel.
385605420_cf71d435c0.jpg

385603478_4c448e5654.jpg

385601033_bb3674ba45.jpg

gtr.jpg

Last edited:
there are varying reports that say there will be a manual option, and no manual at all. the only way we'll find out for certain is when they release it in tokyo.

Those rims look hawt

no manual gearbox?!?!?! wtf are they just retarded or what ??? but i do love where they parked it in those pictures. KFC baby! XD

Me thinks the reason that the test cars have the auto (CVT?) is for getting the lap times they were aiming.

Last edited:
no manual? stuff that
Ditto. I'm sure the paddles may get it around a road course a little faster, or down the quarter a little more consistently, but i'd think most enthusiasts would want a true manual.

SoxXpupPeTbut said:
i do love where they parked it in those pictures. KFC baby! XD
I guess even Japanese engineers love greasy fried chicken and funky mashed potatoes :D.

The near pre-production version of the GTR has been seen around racetracks on the west coast of the USA making test laps, tuning and time trials. It was recently witnessed and photoed at the Infineon track in northern california a few weeks ago. I saw the photos on an employees laptop.

Ed

no manual gearbox?!?!?! wtf are they just retarded or what ??? but i do love where they parked it in those pictures. KFC baby! XD

I'm guessing they're jumping in the ferrari/aston martin bandwagon trying to emulate the flappy paddle gearbox trend. And for the power rating its supposed to give, not having a gearbox that can handle the power output is certainly no excuse, not like its some 800 hp/1000 ft lb torque Merc monster.

Ed