Did somebody else notice this cool effect before?

I noticed it right off the bat when I saw the episode.... but the fact that not many of you noticed at first just shows how right Clarkson was in saying these cars are so similar.

It's also in the Ford Focus ST review too, and i'm sure there's others.

what do u mean in the ford focus st review?

He means that in the ST review they prominently showed the cars reflextion on the runway. It's not the same effect by anymeans... but it probably had some computer help just to make the cars reflection stand out.

love the Terry av - re: the reflection, I noticed it when it aired too - was a nice touch. TG are good at subtlety - doubt they'll have it in a massive resolution tho. Then again, I think they're filming in HD now, so perhaps they'll have it in 1920x1080 somewhere - that would be pretty cool - though it'll not look anywhere near as nice as a photograph.

ya i noticed it when i first saw that episode. but i just noticed how crisp their photography is in this show. that Z06 looks amazing, it'd look better in yellow though.

Top Gear is awesome...

they are always coming up with such cool effects...

while we're talking about effects... im sure you guys hav seen the "super-slow-mo" shot they sometimes use... they used it abit in season 8 if im not mistakened, but also in a much earlier season 5/6 i think...

why didnt they use it inbetween? any opinions?

the cameras that can shoot at those speeds are really expensive. I remember reading in on of JC's articles on topgear.com that they rent cameras, maybe they werent very flush at that time ;-)

WitSkaapie said:
Top Gear is awesome...

they are always coming up with such cool effects...

while we're talking about effects... im sure you guys hav seen the "super-slow-mo" shot they sometimes use... they used it abit in season 8 if im not mistakened, but also in a much earlier season 5/6 i think...

why didnt they use it inbetween? any opinions?
each car gets its own personal style. the Koenigsegg was filmed with a shaky camera, the CLS was filmed mostly by a chase car, the Jaguar XK was supposed to be a very epic car, so the slow-mo high speed camera was brought in for the burnout and water drops and what not.

this effect is pretty cool, and it was subtle enough to throw off a lot of people.
i personally liked the effects they used for the Sagaris

The above image after some quick-and-dirty photoshopping. Could've done a much better job with a high res of course (because I wouldn't need to hide the pixelation). Perhaps VUK has a higher res file somewhere?

http://img222.imageshack.**/img222/9286/tgwpbf6.th.jpg

I might do another version later, so I welcome comments and suggestions.

I want that pic as a wallpaper too