Did they ever test the Porsche Carrera GT on Fifth Gear?

No it was never featured on Fifth Gear afaik, and I guess I'll move this to the Fifth Gear section. :)

Cruzz563 said:
No it was never featured on Fifth Gear afaik

Yeah, what a shame! :|
I can't get enough of that car, I wonder why they did not review it...

^^daft...

Tobias said:
Kirium said:
Isn't the clutch made from silicon carb.... carbi........ ohhh ohhh ohhhh!! :oops:

Call me daft, but I never did get that joke. :\
Make that two....I never understood that joke

That's a +1 from me too \o/

Jeremy was explaining the car from a German's viewpoint (supposedly a technical and geeky viewpoint). Therefore when he was explaining that the clutch and brakes were made from silicone carbide he got all excited the way a German would.

Hope this helps :)

Explanation without the sugar coating.

You know when you see the hottest woman in the world and you blow your load right there and then... well JC is implying that the Germans do that same over silicon carbi... carb...

Excuse me....

*runs off to the bathroom*

Silicone carbine is a very common crystalline material used for special grit paper, dental grinders, and also blade sharpening stones.

Silicone carbine is also used to hone out cylinders in engines.

It's actually an abrasive material. I wonder what good its use was on the GT's drivetrain. (Increased wear = increase in dealer service intervals?)

Z Draci said:
Silicone carbine is a very common crystalline material used for special grit paper, dental grinders, and also blade sharpening stones.

Silicone carbine is also used to hone out cylinders in engines.

It's actually an abrasive material. I wonder what good its use was on the GT's drivetrain. (Increased wear = increase in dealer service intervals?)
Perhaps they used it because it is hard, and would last longer?

Its used on the Clutch plates and the Brakes. 2 areas I'd want a surface to be abrasive and grippy. :)