Did You Know...?

...ed.

Sorry, I had to. :blush:

Did you know that this thread is makng me hungry?

Did you know. ?

In October 1957 Britain spread a plume of radioactive contamination into the atmosphere from a nuclear reactor fire at Windscale/Sellafield.

Having helped the US Manhattan Project develop the atom bomb at the end of the Second World War, the British government felt it had to develop its own A bomb to be able to stay ?at the Top Table? as a world power. The Americans had refused to allow Britain to have the weapons technology its own scientists had helped develop.

Did you know that the number of deaths that can be directly or indirectly attributed to nuclear power is less than those killed on the world's roads every day?

Chuck in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and all the weapons testing since? Cars do the same in 3 months tops.

Did you know. ?

In October 1957 Britain spread a plume of radioactive contamination into the atmosphere from a nuclear reactor fire at Windscale/Sellafield.

Did you know Britain spread multiple plumes of radioactive contamination across the Australian desert because they used us for their nuclear weapons testing? There are still aboriginal tribes who were moved off there ancestral lands fifty years ago who can't go back because it is still too dangerous.

Reactions: MWF
Did you know.... On the set of Titanic, Leonardo DiCaprio's pet lizard was run over by a truck, but with some TLC, Leo nursed him to health.

Did you know...I read that as "Leonardo decapitated his pet wizard who ran amok..."

Did you know penguins have an organ that can change saltwater to freshwater?

Did you know the harmonica is the world's best selling instrument?

Did you know the harmonica is the world's best selling instrument?

That's only because for someone to actually play the harmonica for reals...they need to buy one in every key they want to plan in. A typical serious guitarists might have 3-6 guitars...but a serious harmonican player will have dozens!

Did you know that gynophobia was a fear of women?

So...that makes me...a...gynophiliac?