Did You Know...?

Did you know, NoNeedForAChestWig likes being "on top"?

On top of what?

Did you know the Jazz singer was not the first sound movie, just the most popular at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

"Russell directed the production of a worldwide roadshow presentation entitled The Photo-Drama of Creation, an innovative eight-hour religious film in four parts, incorporating sound, moving film, and color slides. It was the first major screenplay to synchronize sound with moving film. Production began as early as 1912, and the Drama was introduced in 1914 by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.[41][42] A book by the same name was also published. The project's expenses put the organization under some financial pressures; the full cost was estimated at about US$300,000 (current value $6,560,000)."

Last edited:
Did you know that if you "go hug a tree" the men in the white coats and a Thorazine drip will find you and you will soon forget the agro.

Did you know you are a Bonsai master?

Did you know Ketchup was once sold as a patented medicine. In the 1830s it was marketed in the US as Dr Miles' Compound Extract of Tomato.

Did you know that while the teacher is away, the children will play?

Did you know, I passed my first school the other day, and the playing fields are being dug up to make way for... a supermarket? :cry:

Silly Putty was "discovered" as the residue left behind after the first latex condoms were produced.

Did you know... I kind of misread that. There's something about the words "condom" and "residue" used together which made my brain fart.

Did you know that in WWII to keep the crap out of the 303 lee Enfield rifel barrells they issued British/Aussie/NZ etc. troops condoms. Winston Churchill insisted that they were made big but that they were clearly marked Medium. :lol:

Did you know, I just read the title of the "Ban the person above you" thread as "Bang the person above you". My mind needs a thorough clean.