Someone Else's Problem: Die Barge von Barking: 2000 Audi S6, or: Can't hear you, my exhausts are so loud!

Hooray! :D

Reactions: lip
Gratz on the awesome car, I hope I can see the car at ringmeet this year

Great success!

A few more barks. Make sure you are watching this with a system/headphone that has a bit of bass. :D
But sadly the video still can't do the real life loudness justice. :rolleyes: :)

Not a big fan of modern Audis (except for the A5 maybe), but I could live with one that sounds like yours... probably a serious contender for this year's Ringmeet Best Car Sound Award :D

Congrats & enjoy the heck out of it :thumbsup:

Haha that sounds great!

Sounds fantastic!

All of that sound, in my ears, now!

It's clearly loud enough to cut through any trees in a 5 metre radius cleanly.

I approve of this car. :thumbsup:

A Quatro, a V8 even better, plus an Avant which you wanted! Most excellent. :cool:
(plus a cool soundtrack.)

..sadly the video still can't do the real life loudness justice. :rolleyes: :)
True that, but please next time place mic(camera) sideways from the pipes. Still, you caught most of the business :cool:

..but I could live with one that sounds like yours... probably a serious contender for this year's Ringmeet Best Car Sound Award :D

Kiddin' meh? Even the top modern audi's are still holders of The Best VeeEight Roar plank for euro cars. (Maybe world, since Ford started to make modular high-rev drama..)

True that, but please next time place mic(camera) sideways from the pipes.
Why? Less direct = better? Will try that out.

Anyway, this morning I noticed the car was still way too clean coming from the dealership, so I had to do something against that today:
dirty.JPG

And see how economical such a green car like the S6 with its tiny engine and almost silent exhausts is: Goes over 1000km on one tank of fuel...
HowEconomical.JPG

... atleast the bord computer thinks that as long as you idle downhill for a few kilometers.
hehe.gif
(Autobahn down to Lake Constance, there in the background).
downhill.JPG

The reality is an average of 12.7L/100km. - Oh well, atleast I can hear the money very distinct when it goes out the tubes on the back. :lol:

Last edited:
Good stuff man. That looks like a fantastic daily driver.

Most excellent Avant. Now get some electric cut outs dumping behind the headers for maximum loud :D
Might be worth considering. I mean, it sounds great as is, but it's still so muffled. Free it up. Let the loud noises flow. :mrgreen:

12.7 isn't bad at all. Fantastic!

He bought an estate that saves more fuel... Whatthehell, physics? :blink:

On that sound note, yes. Like with guns, same with loud pipes: anywhere infront of the hole will give you digital fart. (Not that it sounded lousy, buuuut... ) Sideways would clear things up, as the mic can take the noise, without getting hit by volume. ('specially ^that much^ of a volume :p)

On that sound note, yes. Like with guns, same with loud pipes: anywhere infront of the hole will give you digital fart. (Not that it sounded lousy, buuuut... ) Sideways would clear things up, as the mic can take the noise, without getting hit by volume. ('specially ^that much^ of a volume :p)

Thanks for the info. I will give it another try tomorrow.

Correct me here, but wasn't it 13.Something on the previous one?

Thanks for the info. I will give it another try tomorrow.

You should just mount a mic from dashcam like on the side of a bumper and give us a 24/7 stream :p

Last edited: