Someone Else's Problem: Die Barge von Barking: 2000 Audi S6, or: Can't hear you, my exhausts are so loud!

The 4.2 A6 was using 11.5L/100km. = The S6 burns about 1 Liter more.

Haha, a 24/7 webcam barkingcam. :lol:

Ok here we go, some barking from the side: (Again, use some device with a bit of bass to watch these. :D )

Not so serious first attempt: Letting it bark in an underground car park isn't fair to any microphone, but hey what a thunder-racket! - Excuse my grin towards the camera there, thehe.
[video=youtube;-w3ZVxEhs9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w3ZVxEhs9A[/video]

The more serious second attempt: Et voila! Ignore the first revs, it's that short blast from 0:30 to 0:33 that seems to finally come close to the real-life volume. Result!

..a 24/7 barkingcam. :lol:

Thank you for signing into Barkincam.sw! Now you got a full access to exclusive carnography..

The last one was spot-on.:thumbup: The carpark's Tunnelsound(tm) in your case was a footage of a nuclear explosion 10 meters away :p

lip

that sound

a_that_makes_me_moist_The_sexy_girl_of_your_dreams-s300x300-80060-580.jpg

Reactions: lip
^

I'm very honored that my choice of transport gives you pleasure Mrs. Palpatine. Still sorry about your husband.
But to cheer you up, have you heard the news?: That rebel scum General Solo has finally bought it, by the
hands of his own young one apparently, thahaha!

Empireal greetings, lip

^

I'm very honored that my choice of transport gives you pleasure Mrs. Palpatine. Still sorry about your husband.
But to cheer you up, have you heard the news?: That rebel scum General Solo has finally bought it, by the
hands of his own young one apparently, thahaha!

Empireal greetings, lip

I find the lack of spirited driving videos disturbing.

Patience, my Galantti, Patience. - In the next days the weather here will clear up and then the numbers of driving videos will rise. Dramatically!

Patience, my Galantti, Patience. - In the next days the weather here will clear up and then the numbers of driving videos will rise. Dramatically!

You should audition for the next Bond Villain!

:lol:

You should audition for the next Bond Villain!

It will be my pleasure to kill off that unsophisticated Craig brute. - They say the next movie will be his last one. - They have no idea how right the are... Thahah!, and some Muahahah! for good measure.

I find the lack of spirited driving videos disturbing.

Only a short hillclimb in Austria today. - Again the info: The dashcam mic isn't good at catching sound, so push the volume lever all to the right, only then you can hear it bark and snarl. :D

If you're interested in making more of these videos, I could teach you how to easily make a better sounding video (although you would need to buy something).

Step 1: Acquire Zoom H1
Step 2: Position inside car, firmly
Step 3: Press record on dashcam and Zoom H1
Step 4: Honk horn
Step 5: Combine video from dashcam with audio from Zoom H1 using the sound of the horn as reference in your favourite video editing app
Step 6: Share on FG

- - - Updated - - -

Alternative:

Get a dashcam or action cam with 3.5mm input, attach lavalier microphone, no editing needed.

Not as loud this, as one might assume from all the hype. :p It's loud in a good way though, having more noise in the cabin rather than outside.

^ But in fairness to the "hype", all we did with it was pootling around in traffic or on snow at 50km/h. :lol:

Anyway, can't wait until spring weather will allow to cruise around with open windows. :cool:

I'm currently in the middle of a grand task. The goal: Replacing the old 2-DIN Audi nav/radio unit with a 1-DIN radio.

Step 1: Take the old radio out. Done
check.gif

DSC02220.JPG

Step 2: Have a first look at the confusing mess on the back. Done
check.gif

DSC02226.JPG

Step 3: De-confuse it. Done.
check.gif

DSC02238.JPG

Step 4: Try it out with another radio. Done
check.gif
(Note: This is not the final replacement radio, just one I had laying around).
DSC02244.JPG

Step 5: Of course be disappointed when sound comes only from the one tiny navigation speaker next to the drivers seat. Done.
check.gif
DSC02240.JPG

Step 6: Realise that you have an active Bose system in your car and you need an adapter to make it all work. Done.
check.gif

http://www.car-audio.ch/KFZ-Spezifisches-Zubehoer/Audi-Zubehoer-764/Aktivsystemadapter-Audi-768/Aktivsystemadapter-Audi-A2--A3--A4--A6--A8-und-TT-mit-ISO-und-vollaktivem-Bose-System.html
ct53-au04.jpg

Step 7: Go and buy such an adapter. Doing that today.

Step 8: Buy a better replacement radio (and a frame). Any ideas? All I need is a simple radio with an SD card slot and red backlights to fit the Audis all-red illumination.