Someone Else's Problem: Die Barge von Barking: 2000 Audi S6, or: Can't hear you, my exhausts are so loud!

^ Yep, The Nits' 1992 album "Ting" is pure awesome.

Last edited:
I would go for a double-din unit like the ones bellow:
Alpine CDE-W235BT, no SD card reader, but you could use one of those tiny USB drives, has bluetooth - if you store music on your phone you will never use the USB again. There's also a version without bluetooth that's a little cheaper. Those blue buttons can be iluminated in red. Some prices here
W235BT.jpg

Pioneer MVH-AV270BT, same features, minus optical drive, plus a touchscreen but a bit more expensive than the Alpine . This one has a rear-USB connection, you can mount the USB connector in the glovebox or armrest. Some prices here
270bt_etu_autossa.jpg

If you go for a double din unit I think a simple adapter fascia like this one should be enough: CT24AU18

Besides that Bose adapter, if you want decent radio reception you will also need an adaptor for the radio antenna like this one

Edit: I just noticed that the Alpine unit has only rear pre-amp outputs, this could be an issue depending on the type of the Bose adapter you use. I see that some Bose adapters use RCA inputs, for those you would need front and rear pre-amp outputs on the headunit.

Edit2: Maybe you could find a fascia that doesn't need the thin rectangular plastic shroud/frame that comes with the headunit, it would look much better. Here's how it looks on my car with and without that plastic frame:
yOmpz98.jpg
8NFneb5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lip

Step 7: Buy the adapter. Done
check.gif

2016-03-15_Di__3__79_Franken.JPG

Step 8: Install the salad. Done
check.gif
- And it works! Ha! :D
2016-03-15_Di__5__Funktioniert_-_Ziel_erreicht.JPG

And now back to the radio choice: Thanks for the suggestions. :)
But I actually don't see the need for a large double DIN unit. I also don't need any CD/phone/bluetooth/internet/navigation ability. All I need is just music off my SD-Card(s) or trough the aux input.

I have a few more radios in the shop, but they are all basicly the same flashy christmas three as the one I have currently shoved in. :lol:

^ You sure? Have you seen the dust on the old Audi Navi? I bet you grabbed some cleaning tools while looking at that picture, just out of habit. Thehe.

Edit: Kienzle looks goood.

Last edited:
^ Man, you are driving a 5.7L Hemi. I bet your 340hp wagon isn't very boring either. :)

Sure, but there's something to be said for having power going to all 4 tires! Even with winter tires, my RWD is a real pain in the ass in the snow.

Sure, but there's something to be said for having power going to all 4 tires! Even with winter tires, my RWD is a real pain in the ass in the snow.

Didn't they make AWD Magnums? Or were those only the V6 ones?

Can you replace it with a more modern Audi system? Like the RNS-E?

4xXKqa2.jpg

Or if that's not compatible, then the P-4100 is the cleanest double-DIN I've seen.

N7upBiwl.jpg

Last edited:
On the other hand, burnouts and power oversteer. Give and take. :lol:

On the Audi it's AWD grip but understeer. Give and take. :lol:

Can you replace it with a more modern Audi system?
Again, I don't see the need to have some sort of iPad in brick form in the dashboard. All I want is just my small music collection. I don't need any other multimedia. I have a TomTom for Navigation and I never use the phone in the car (to be unattainable is a luxury these days). - And btw, I just don't get the concept of touchscreens in cars. Give me solid buttons and dials I can use by feel, without any need to take my eyes off the road.

Last edited:
How would the thing look with 1-DIN radio with everything in place? I am worried that it will look worse than it would with a 2-DIN thingy... Other than that it doesn?t really matter. Something Kienzle-like would probably be the best option.

Yeah, that Clarion looks nice, but the illumination I believe it's orange... a very popular model for older BMWs and Porsches for this reason.

Or if that's not compatible, then the P-4100 is the cleanest double-DIN I've seen.

N7upBiwl.jpg

I dunno. I think the AppRadio 4 is cleaner. Plus, it's got adjustable LEDs to match your interior lighting color, support for CarPlay and Android Auto; it's what I have in my Miata.