Ownership Verified: Die Barge von Wafting - 2003 Audi A6 4.2 V8

Switzerland has loads of epic cars. What's very frowned upon is getting caught breaking ze rules.

Already taken out and sold the CD-changer that was in the boot. (We have a second-hand store, so getting rid of old stuff is fast and easy). - It went for 10 CHF. - That's about 7 Liters of petrol. :lol:

Get an mp3 adapter to plug into where the cd changer was. You can then plug a usb drive with all your music into it and access it as you would the CD changer. Even works with ID3 tags and isn't limited to 99 tracks per CD as the first gen was.

Also, can I have your engine, please? :)

Quite a good idea with the usb. I will have a look into that. - But I'm in no rush. - The V8 is all the music I need at the moment...

About the engine: No. :p

And to tquattro: Sure enough there are actually 215/16 (not 235/15 as was my guess) winter wheels on. The same goes for the summer wheels: They are actually 255/16.

Dension makes the one I have. They make them specifically for the car (canbus variant) and radio (functions), so you'll have to order the specific one. I had a 32GB drive full of music plugged into mine, but lost it during sylvestermeet. :(

(there's also a bit of an issue with the canbus, but that's down to my car being completely bare from the factory and I've had to build the radio parts of the canbus to get it running at all)

That interior <3

Have fun with your C5, good choice. :)

Get an mp3 adapter to plug into where the cd changer was. You can then plug a usb drive with all your music into it and access it as you would the CD changer. Even works with ID3 tags and isn't limited to 99 tracks per CD as the first gen was.

That unit doesn't support ID3 tags, it's the same unit I had in my car. So if you want to use one of those mp3 adaptors you're limited to 6folders x 99 songs(without ID3 tags), but you do get an AUX input.

Have fun...

Sure do. Because when you have a new toy... every day is play day! :mrgreen:
[video=youtube;T_hSk8F-o2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hSk8F-o2Y[/video]

DSC03604_001.JPG

Last edited:
Went skiing today:

No look how massive that boot is: I can lay in my skis without using the ski-hatch or folding the seats down.
hehe.gif

DSC07405.JPG

Does it have a sky bag on that ski hatch? My old 1990 quattro had one and I thought that was an awesome idea.

It suddenly dawned on me that even in Germany, this generation Audi A6 seems to have disappeared from the roads. The E-Class and the 5er of this era, I see everyday.

Probably because the 5ers are bought by turkish yobos and the E-Class is still owned by the now 80-year old guy who bought in the first place, while all Audis disappeared into the eastern european diaspora.

Still, a very nice car. My Father owned one when I was young (with a 2.5 litre TDI, I have to admit), it was a lovely car.

Reactions: lip
Die Barge von Blitzkrieg :lol:

What tyres are you running? Doesn't look like you have studs?

Last edited:
Snow kidding that I'm a little jealous. Also I want to live there.

I also had a craving for waftage the other week, but I looked at Range Rovers instead, maybe not the most cost-effective purchase. Looks like you'll have a blast, looking forward to seeing you and it this summer. :)

Does it have a sky bag on that ski hatch?

Haven't had a look, but I don't think it has. Sure a good idea tough.

What tyres are you running? Doesn't look like you have studs?

Winter 215 16'', Summer 255 16'' - Unstudded. - But AWD, a lead foot and (sometimes) ESP off shoots you forward with ease.

And yeah, since I'm now driving an Audi suddenly have the shortest... skis. ;)
DSC07372.JPG

Problem comes when you want to stop. Both with the tires and short skis :D

I don't understand skis unless they're bolted to a snowmobile. With those I'm actually able to steer and stop on command, something that's never been possible with the contraption pictured above.

Does it have a sky bag on that ski hatch? My old 1990 quattro had one and I thought that was an awesome idea.

Again, a proper look is more worth then a guess: It actually has a ski bag:
2015-02-10_Di__5_.JPG

I hate those short skis. I always end up on my back when I try to make tricks with those, and also when I don't try to make any tricks.

Oh, that Audi looks like a great buy. I envy your big engine and boot.

Last edited:
Amazing car man, LOVE it. Completely dig your way of thinking, unfortunately it takes a while, at least it did for me, to get there because the way usually most people think. Buy something new small and reliable (supposedly) over something used, comfy and big. Always everybody afraid of the potential repairs and costs. And then one drives around miserable and road raging all day long. Getting a good deal on a car like this is awesome. Driving around in a car that used to cost a hell of a lot for pennies, whats better, especially today when second hand prices are falling all the time. A little ingenuity and second hand knowledge and it can work out great.

Do you mind telling what was your price range? Did you consider besides Passat also perhaps something like a Lexus (Gs or LS), maybe Lancia Thesis (so so cheap and also amazing car), Honda Legend or Citroen C6 ?

Enjoy it, I think you got lucky with the deal if its really like they said. Then you are definitely good for a long while ;) !

Last edited: