Diecast Models

I'm thinking about selling some of my scale 18 model cars to get some cash for the impending move (I'll switch to a different employer on July 1st; if all goes to plan and I'll stay there I want to move in September/October since I don't want a 1 hour commute through Hamburg), and there are almost unbelievable appreciations on some models. I have two Mercedes-Benz 600 (W100), a short wheelbase in silver and a long wheelbase in black.
I bought the silver one in late 2014 for 211 Euros, the cheapest one which has been sold in the last months on ebay was 420 Euros so the value has doubled.
The LWB is even better: I bought it back in 2011 for just 72 Euros including the original box (which was the bargain of the century even back then since at that time the normal price was around 200 Euros), the cheapest one I found was without box and with blemishes at 300 Euros while the cheapest one including box and without blemishes was 400 Euros. That means I'll likely get 450% more than what I spent... :blink:

I knew those two were rare and desirable, but I didn't realize how desirable...

I know I know, you'll say I'll never be able to get these models back, but my showcases are bursting anyway so I won't get into that predictament in the foreseeable future... :p

Sell the 911s. You only need one to remind you how they look anyway :p

From my cold, dead hands!

What about a Singer 911? Unfortunately nothing is openable, but still...

Dammit, I need to stop looking at this thread :lol:

More googly eyes :p

I know the grill on the bonnet is loose, I already glued it down. ;)

A BMW 318i E21 in diecast, no openable parts, but with functional suspension and steering and for a reasonable price...

...and a Porsche 997 II GT3. The right headlight and the rear right window is fogged up, I guess from standing in direct sunlight. I'll see if I can get spare parts from the breaker's yard for model cars (yes, there's a dealer online who specializes in used spare parts for model cars).

Last edited:
That's a 997.2, not 1 :)

I just wanted to check if you're still paying attention. ;)

Another Porsche with a movable rear spoiler (and movable seats), this time a 991 GTS Cabrio.

Another BMW joined the collection, this time the E34 M5 touring. :)

Another BMW joined the collection, this time the E34 M5 touring. :)

I'll cry the day I say this and have the keys to that exact car in one to one size!

More models arrived, but I have been busy moving from one apartment to another...

Porsche 993 RWB purple

Porsche Cayman GTS 981

BMW M5 F10

Now I'm keeping myself busy by installing LED-lighting into the showcases. Half the showcases in the hallway are almost done, I'll just need a longer power strip to put that on top of one of the showcases to power the two power supplies. :)

[edit]
Today I managed to equip five more showcases with lighting, the two remaining ones in the hallway and three of four (no, not Seven of Nine, but when I add all of the showcases I already have equipped it's seven of nine in total) in the living room:

Unfortunately the power supply of the two showcases in the hallway isn't powerful enough to power two more strips which would illuminate the three models in the individual showcases underneath the big ones. The power supply can deliver 15 Watts while all the LED strips together would draw 16.2 Watts. I'll obtain a slightly more powerful power supply and put LED strips there as well in the foreseeable future.

The lighting in the showcases can be switched on and off via remote controlled power outlets.

The backlight behind the monitor is realized with LED strips as well.

Now there are just two showcases left, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. :)
[/edit]

Last edited:
Today I received my 20th white Porsche (a GT Spirit Cayman GT4) so I rearranged the model. Now there are only white Porsches in the two showcases in the hallway - 17 of them are 911s, one 928, one 959 and the Cayman GT4. :cool:

Speaking of the GT4:

Last edited:
Today I received my 20th white Porsche (a GT Spirit Cayman GT4) so I rearranged the model. Now there are only white Porsches in the two showcases in the hallway - 17 of them are 911s, one 928, one 959 and the Cayman GT4. :cool:

Speaking of the GT4:

You do know who got a collection of white car, don't you? :p

041214%20-%20d.jpg

Last edited: