Ownership Verified: "Diesel" is the closest thing to a "Texas Edition" that Porsche offer

Love the interior. Much better than the usual sea of black. It's a nice contrast to the white exterior as well.

And the keys are surprisingly cool. I would expect something a little more "industrial" looking like the keys of it's other VAG siblings.

I guess the 918 steering wheel ended up in the Cayenne to recoup a little of the cost from the project by reusing the design and tooling?

The stitching quality in the interior of this car is, quite frankly, erotic.

So many cows in your car! I love it!

The stitching quality in the interior of this car is, quite frankly, erotic.

:lol:

First time I see someone say that about stitching.

The 245PS / 240hp version. The US doesn't get the big one we get in the "S Diesel".

Its the same with the 535d. The US-535d is the EU-530d. They don't get the Twinturbo versions.

I will never understand marketing people. You'd think they would like American diesel customers to experience the very best and not one tier down.

They get the 328i as 320i too, iirc. Or maybe the other way around. Same power output, anyway.

The 245PS / 240hp version. The US doesn't get the big one we get in the "S Diesel".

Its the same with the 535d. The US-535d is the EU-530d. They don't get the Twinturbo versions.

The S is a V8 though. Strange the more powerful, and later developed, 313hp one doesn't pass?

My understanding is that the larger Diesel engine doesn't meet the current US emissions requirements and will be replaced too soon for it to make sense for VAG to adapt it for sale here.

Interesting that we have more stringent emissions requirements than Europe...

It also might be just different emission requirements, not exactly stringent. It would be great if all the crash, emission etc requirements could be standardized, so we all could enjoy the best of the both worlds. :)

Oh, fantastic interior, enjoy! (but of course you do :) )

Starting a pool now... How many months will it take before I stop getting in the car, preparing to start it, and instinctually slamming the brake down with my left foot like it's a clutch pedal? Because I do that every damn time right now.

On the up-side, now I no longer face any confusion about which side of the steering wheel the "key" is on.

From what I've read, the diesel fuel we have over here is less friendly to particulate emissions (we have a lower cetane rating than EU diesel fuel), yet the emissions regulations are more particular about particulate emissions. As a result, the same engine, tuned for EU fuel and standards, has more power and slightly higher particulate emissions. In the US it'll have less output and have an emissions control system (that uses an additive, so requires maintenance including refilling the additive). There's a brief overview in this article.

until you'll drive the GT3, and you forget to press the clutch! :lol: