Ownership Verified: "Diesel" is the closest thing to a "Texas Edition" that Porsche offer

Plate?

RSHAULR.png

RSDIESEL.png

Also, "honest car ads":
ojoxyvus2snpn9cdbbte.jpg

Last edited:
until you'll drive the GT3, and you forget to press the clutch! :lol:

I did that in the company van just a couple of months ago. Funny, considering I'm used to both. I've owned automatic cars since 2005 but I drive the manual company van on a daily basis so my foot is still used to working a clutch.

I've hit the brake pedal with my left foot more than a few times though, trying to clutch while parking or something. Since your left foot is calibrated for pressing something all the way to the floor, you end up with a carmageddon-style instant handbrake.

Am I the only one that slams their foot into the floor instead of the brake pedal when they drive an automatic? I guess perhaps that's because I already have my right foot on the brake pedal when trying to start the engine or come to a stop.

I've gone back and forth between manuals and automatics quite a bit. I've found that just where the pedals happen to be in each car impacts the habits. The GT3's pedals are in a relatively narrow arrangement, further to the right than many other manuals. As a result, the clutch in the GT3 is around where the far left part of the Cayenne's brake pedal sits. When I would switch from manual Camry to automatic Sable, my foot was over empty space. When I would switch from manual Miata to automatic Camry, my left foot would just graze the brake pedal, not enough to depress it, but enough to annoy my foot.

Actually, the third gen MX-5 trained me to have my right foot just a bit to the left of the GT3's brake pedal when trying to stop. It caused some... interesting... brake uses from time to time.

Am I the only one that slams their foot into the floor instead of the brake pedal when they drive an automatic? I guess perhaps that's because I already have my right foot on the brake pedal when trying to start the engine or come to a stop.

I've ghost clutched with my left foot a few times, and accidentally hit the wide brake pedal resulting in a sudden stop. I've also braked to a stop in a manual car and stalled it with a clunk because I forgot to clutch.

But 99,99% of the time I'm fine, because I go back and forth between manual and auto every day. My work forces me to drive manual, but I prefer not to when I'm the one paying for the car. :p

Massive amounts of respect. And massive amounts of appreciation because like Rick, I too LOVE THAT FUCKING INTERIOR!!!

I drive my standard five speed Honda to work, switch to a box truck automatic, then switch to class eight tractor with a 10 speed non-synchronous manual, then switch back to my Honda. Clutch brake/ No clutch brake FUN. Also first gear in my car is reverse in my tractor.

Hence you driving a Mini.

I used to hate these with force of three sun's, but after leaving the Porsche world for long enough I could now live with one with no problem. Don't know how's it there on the wrong side of the pond but here it seems to be standard that only turbo cayannes have model text in rear, every else has removed the truth from trunk.
How is the diesel to drive? Enough punch to keep you happy? Is the real life mpg anywhere near promises?

Last edited:
You have to give it orange wheels. Or maybe black...

2011-PORSCHE-CAYENNE-TURBO-D2FORGED-MB1-Image-02.jpg

How is the diesel to drive? Enough punch to keep you happy? Is the real life mpg anywhere near promises?
We've had the vehicle for barely over a week at this point, so it's certainly not time enough for a long-term review. It's only been on the freeway a couple of times. Still, it seems to be doing well. The diesel motor provides gobs of torque, and the 8-speed transmission means it has plenty of gears to use it. The handling... well, it lies. The handling would have one believe it's a very sporty wagon (or better), and it has the wonderful ability to corner over the bumpy Houston roads well. To fuel mileage, it still has more than half a tank in it. It'll take many months to get a realistic idea. Still, if you trust the computer, it tends to read around 20 to 22 mpg in the city, which is right on the 21 mpg "advertised".

Consumption should drop a tad further after 500-1000 miles or so. Can't wait to follow this thread :D