Ownership Verified: "Diesel" is the closest thing to a "Texas Edition" that Porsche offer

They're all-season over here as well because they have "M+S" written on them. I wouldn't use them all season long, but legally they'd be okay.

Funny thing is, Michelin doesn't recommend them for the car. If you select "summer" you get the Sport variant, if you select "winter" you get the Alpin variant. You have to expand the page at the very bottom to also see this model :lol:

Standard Featherlite 3110 with tire rack. I plan to get a winch added as well as a toolbox, and I need longer ramps. Otherwise, the first experience with towing went fantastically. Every time I looked in the rear view mirror I freaked out and thought some asshole was tailgating me, though. You'd think I'd have figured it out, but nope.

Porsche sure are good at customer loyalty. I got a little "you're awesome because you bought a Cayenne" thingey in the mail today... It's a hardbound book telling me how my truck is basically the same thing as a '73 Carrera RS, an ownership card, and a personalized letter of congratulations. I feel so special and important. :)

Last edited:
And here's the money shot...

HOLY CRAP!!!

I wish I'd have know y'all were here. Rich invited me to come hang out, but I still kinda/sorta feel like crap, so yeah. :(

Still, if I lick it, it's mine? Pretty sure that's how it works.

What do you do when it rains? Track your tow vehicle, of course. We got about four laps in when I remembered that the dash cam was capturing everything. The cam doesn't do a great job showing the conditions. Basically we were understeering every time you hear us groan and oversteering every time you hear us laugh. Equi passed a Cayman, and we scared a BRZ right off the track.

Now that is awesome. I drove the Cayenne diesel at the launch event last summer and love the little growl it has. Like you, I never thought myself to be the SUV type, but I could definitely live with one specced like yours.

coco still has needs.

NEEDS!

After seeing this news earlier in the week, now I see the first direct recognition of the controversy. I just received this via email:

Dear Mr. David McNett,

Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed us that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.

Volkswagen AG, as our group parent, has assured us that it is working intensively to clarify and resolve this matter as soon as possible, and that it will cooperate fully with the EPA to completely clarify the issue. In the meantime, we can assure you that your Porsche Cayenne Diesel is technically safe and roadworthy.

Porsche remains committed to providing you with the world?s best sports cars and to keeping you and the public informed. During the ongoing investigation, we hope we may ask for your patience. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this causes you.

Sincerely,

Klaus Zellmer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Last edited:
Well, if the rumors of VW sending money as an apology to it's owners, you might have some greenbacks floating in your general direction.

Dear David McNett,

As promised in my last letter to you, we remain committed to keeping you updated on the status of the Environmental Protection Agency Notice of Violation we received affecting your Porsche Cayenne Diesel vehicle.

Both we and our engine supplier continue cooperating with all regulatory authorities to identify the changes that will be required in order to re-certify the 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine. Therefore, we would only be speculating if we tried to comment about how any such changes might affect the performance of your Porsche Cayenne Diesel vehicle, if at all. We can only hope you will accept our assurance that, as soon as we know, we will inform you.

As a sign of our respect for you as a Porsche customer, and our appreciation for your patience and loyalty while we clarify the issues and gather all the facts, we hope you will accept a 2-year Porsche Approved Limited Warranty that will extend the warranty coverage for your Cayenne Diesel up to 6 years or 100,000 miles from its original in-service date, whichever occurs first. Your Porsche Cayenne Diesel remains safe and roadworthy, and we hope this longer limited warranty coverage will allow you to continue to drive your Porsche with great confidence. You can find all the details about the Porsche Approved Limited Warranty at
http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedused/porscheapproved/features/warranty/.

This warranty will automatically be added to the records concerning your Porsche Cayenne Diesel vehicle without any further action needed on your part, and is also fully transferable to any future owner of your car. You may be assured that we are offering this without any prejudice to any future rights you may have or may wish to exercise as a result of these unfortunate matters. We mean only to thank you for your loyalty to Porsche and to recognize that these investigations have caused you concern, for which we apologize.

Please allow me to reiterate that we appreciate your business and your loyalty. As this situation unfolds, we hope we may ask you to allow us the necessary time to ensure we make this right for you. We are committed to doing just that.

Very truly yours,

Klaus Zellmer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Seems fair.