Different edits of Clarkson's Motorworld?

cmb

Apparently, some edits were made between the BBC Two broadcast and the "Dave" broadcast of Clarkson's Motorworld. The Dave version seems to have removed the conversation between Clarkson and Bill Clement in the Texas episode. Does anyone know why this was done? Were any other changes made to the Dave broadcast?

They would have made the cuts to allow for commercials. Same happens with TG repeats on Dave.

I recently dog sat for my mother and she still had bbca.

I tried to watch some old tg shows. Horrible. I do not know how they got so many fans from that butchered crap.

I sincerely hope that bbca watchers buy the DVDs so they can see a full show.

I managed to watch three, just to make sure they were horrible, but it is back to the computer for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Most BBC shows are cut down from like 59 minutes to the syndication-friendly 45ish.

Most BBC shows are cut down from like 59 minutes to the syndication-friendly 45ish.
I would say the ones I saw were cut down more than that. Not only was the news and the star gone, but they cut big chunks from the films also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Usually, hour long programs are butchered to be around 40 to 42 minutes. That's been my experience anyway. I've been avoiding watching much stuff on BBCA, just too many ads now. I'd rather find an alternative method for watching those programs.