Dilemma - Which Ticket???

• Hairpin

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Main Grandstand

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ericc661

I'm going to the Chinese Grand Prix in April. I need help choosing between two tickets, and hopefully some good discussion will help me decide. One of my choices is at the end of the main straight (not the pit straight), and it's a really tight, first gear hairpin. My second choice is the main grandstand right next to the pit straight and the start/finish line. I see some of the pros and cons of both (lots of overtaking at the hairpin, but I get to see the start on the pit straight), but they seem almost equally good to me, so I would really appreciate good discussion. Thanks!

I sat at the exit of the hairpin as well as at the start/finish line in Montreal

Hairpin all the way. Viewing the pits is neat and all, but for actually watching/hearing cars on the track, a straight (while awesome at first for the full screaming blast past you) is short and uneventful. A hairpin you have over taking, cars running wide, braking, fighting traction for acceleration, etc

Is the DRS zone on the main straight? Could be a lot of side by side racing to see at the grandstand.

The DRS zone's on the longest straight, which is also the back straight. The pit straight goes into a long, sweeping corner, where I was last year. There wasn't much to see there, except for Hamilton overtaking Button, which was pretty awesome.

Longest is the back straight, where the DRS zone is. The pit straight leads into a long, sweeping right where I was last year. There was not much to see there except for Hamilton awesomely overtaking Button.

Hairpin for sure.