DiRT 3

If they don't get that Scottish fella' back to do the voice of the co-driver I will be majorly disappointed....

If they don't get that Scottish fella' back to do the voice of the co-driver I will be majorly disappointed....

It hasn't been the same since Nicky Grist stopped doing the notes.

Growing up playing those early games, and the fact that my favourite drivers have always been McRae and Solberg who both had welsh co-drivers, I couldn't imagine hearing pace notes (in English) delivered in anything other that a Welsh accent! It still sounds odd to me when I hear an American or English accent.

It hasn't been the same since Nicky Grist stopped doing the notes.

Growing up playing those early games, and the fact that my favourite drivers have always been McRae and Solberg who both had welsh co-drivers, I couldn't imagine hearing pace notes (in English) delivered in anything other that a Welsh accent! It still sounds odd to me when I hear an American or English accent.

I think the same thing, though it was still pretty good when they used Derek Ringer to read the pace notes in CMR4. But I do agree that they should hopefully bring the Scottish guy back to do the pace notes in this one, he was the only one I could actually listen to out of the choices in Dirt 2.

It really is a shame that this is the first one that they are dropping Colin Mcrae from the title of the game though, it would have served as a standing tribute to him even if most people didn't know who he was or didn't agree with him as a driver, he did help build that franchise for Codemasters. That's just my thoughts on it. Still can't wait for it to come out though.

I haven't bought a game for my 360 in over 2 years, Dirt 3 is putting an end to that.

I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it

edit: Just ordered it from Amazon, it will be delivered the day it comes out. Excellent.

Last edited:
I'm actually taking the day off work to play this. :cool:

Shame I can't preload it yet though on Steam...

I hope they get rid of those terrible and endless repeating introductions when you change countries, they drive me up the wall...
Thankfully I have a keyboard with a mute button but I'd rather want to have an option "shut that stupid pain in the neck up"...

I will dare say it...this might be the first rally game worth buying since Richard Burns Rally. But why did they leave that gymkhana crap in the game?

It's a long shot, but I hope it will be possible to recreate some legendary late 90's Evo vs Impreza battles.

I will dare say it...this might be the first rally game worth buying since Richard Burns Rally. But why did they leave that gymkhana crap in the game?

It's a long shot, but I hope it will be possible to recreate some legendary late 90's Evo vs Impreza battles.

It's the first DiRT game with it in it actually.

edit. inside simracing removed the clip :(

Last edited:
A classic Mini in Kenya with dubstep.
Game was released early in some places, heaps of videos on youtube now.
4 more days here in Australia <_<

Ouch just found out Dirt 3 will be using the online pass system. If you don't buy the game at launch you miss out on 5 cars and multiplayer. To play online you'll need to buy the online pass at ?6.29 or $15 aud (likely). So we PS3 players won't be able to play online until the PSN store is properly back up and running. :(
http://www.videogamer.com/news/dirt_3_confirmed_to_use_online_pass.html

Last edited:
that mini is adorably badass

just started playing Dirt3 and so far im impressed but the loading times between stages in a rally can seem abit too long given how long the actual stages are.