DiRT: Showdown

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG

Looks like tons of fun!

That guy has the most annoying voice in the entire world.

I only got into Forza recently, but it's everything I loved about GRID and so much more.

DIRT tries a bit to hard to be mainstream in my opinion, but maybe that's changed since 2 (last one I played). I mean stuff like making up rally cars based on popular cars in the US rather than using the real cars that a layperson may not recognize. Plus a general tone of "grrrrr action speed fast crash thrills no attention span required rawrrrrrr" but that's plagued a lot of recent games.

Dirt 3 was great. looking forward to hooning

This showdown thing shouldn't even be a game on itself... more like a mode in another bigger Dirt. I enjoy crashing into other cars as much as the next guy but to stamp the DiRT brand on this which just seems as a small demolition derby game? Its as if someone made a FPS fought entirely with knives and stamped it as Call of Duty...

GRID 2 would be sweet though, or shall we call it TOCA 5

Stumbled upon a tour of the Codemasters Studios. Doesn't have that much of details about the game but you can catch a glimpse of some of the car models. More importantly he says that we won't have to wait long for a Grid 2. :w00t:

They even have a pub inside the studio... :-o

Grid 2 will be great.

Played it, liked it.

There's a 2-pack available for $75 aka $37.50 a person rather than the current price of $45 ($50 not on sale).

Anyone want to go in together on a pair and save some money?

It's fun.....I'd rather have Grid 2 though.

So no one is interested in saving $7.50? Alright then. :)

Consoles? What's that? ;)