• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Disappointing sales of new BMW 5 in US

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
on a side note with the release of the 1 series in europe, sales are up 15%.
i wonder how it'll do over here (should it come stateside)

heh, same with Porche, but i think Porche are doing better than ever.

Haven't seen a 1 series yet though :?

One issue this magazine forgot to mention, its a new model. Sales of any new model arent going to be as good as a model after a few years for sale. People dont buy brand new models for a reason, there will be relibility problems regardless the model or make. Now, just because the sales are low doesnt make it worse of a car. Im sure some of you are going to say, "I guess that makes them ugly." How you make that statement is beyond me, but the bottom line is this, globally, the sales of the 5-Series are up, and the overall sales of BMWs have steadily increased every month. The US is only one piece of the pie... :wink:

we can disagree about this and BMW or M-B in general but im just GLAD we see eye to eye on politics cuz discussing politics with Ren is a hand full enough :wink:

haha604 said:
Not surprising for a car that looks like shit :?
I'll have to agree with you on that. They should FIRE the person who's been designing the 2004-2005 models.

kenezzite said:
I'll have to agree with you on that. They should FIRE the person who's been designing the 2004-2005 models.

I think he died, not sure. Remember something like that being mentioned on top-gear.

And yes, I'm dutch, and to be honest, I'm not getting out enough :)

SiR_dude said:
Kip_6666 said:
I think he died, not sure. Remember something like that being mentioned on top-gear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta be kidding me. That was when JC was making fun of it :lol: It didn't actually happen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You gotta be kidding me... :p The current 5-series was designed by Davida Arcangeli, who died soon after drawing it.

I agree with all the people who say this car is ugly...this and the 1series and the 7series and to a lesser extent the X3. shame this radical new styling has also claimed the upcoming 3series :x-http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bmw_330i.asp

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/roadtests/roadtests/fact1/56.html

There's tragedy behind the design of the 5-Series' exterior, which is the work of Italian Davida Arcangeli, who died of leukaemia before he could see the finished car on the road. In fact, Arcangeli's proposal almost didn't make the final selection process, says chief designer Chris Bangle, because his promising sketches initially failed to translate to a clay model, and were rejected by the design bosses. But Arcangeli and his modellers laboured day and night to rework the clay to such good effect that it was eventually selected for production. Arcangeli was part-inspired by the surface architecture of aircraft and airships, in which the surface skins cover the structure beneath so tautly that the ribbing can be seen below. The effect is best seen in on the car's flanks, here.

Poor guy

I for one like the design