Dissertation Questionnaire -Please Please Help

Let's see. One post on the board that wants me to download a file?

No.

A Critical Analysis of Top Gear: Considering the Representation of Gender and the potential for Moral Panics

Could you please answer the following questions

Are you

Male Female

What age category would you consider yourself to be in

12 ? 21 22 ? 30 31 ? 40 41 ? 50 50+

Do you drive

Yes No

If you drive, do you have a penalty points on your license

Yes No

Do you watch BBC2 motoring programme, Top Gear

Yes No

Have you watched it since its revamp in 2002

Yes No

Do you feel that Top Gear promotes careless driving. If not, why?

Define careless? Define promote? No. It doesn't promote careless driving - it promotes driving for the fun of it. If you want to associate fun with carelessness you're a jackal and I hate you. Not personally of course.

Do you feel that Top Gear has an influence on drivers? Why?

Yeah probably. Any show that anybody watches is bound to influence them is some way. It doesn't change the way I drive tho, if that's what you're asking.

Did you watch the episode aired 28th January 2007 in which the programme shown presenter Richard Hammonds Jet-propelled car crash.

Yes No

Do you feel that the way that Top Gear covered Richard Hammonds crash was justified? Why?

What? I ain't no english major but justified seems like entirely the wrong word to use in this situation.

Have you been in the studio audience for a filming of Top Gear

Yes No

How do you feel the studio audience was weighted in 2002

More male than female More female than male Equally weighted

How do you feel the studio audience is weighted during the last series late 2007

Any other comments

Led Zepplin Rules!

Could you please answer the following questions

Are you

Male Female

What age category would you consider yourself to be in

12 ? 21 22 ? 30 31 ? 40 41 ? 50 50+ Consider?

Do you drive

Yes No

If you drive, do you have a penalty points on your license

Yes No

Do you watch BBC2 motoring programme, Top Gear

Yes No

Have you watched it since its revamp in 2002

Yes No

Do you feel that Top Gear promotes careless driving. If not, why?

No, at least not in myself. On the whole, I think Top Gear promotes healthy driving techniques and automotive awareness. The interesting way the program is presented may persuade viewers to attend a track day or drivers ed course. Information and car control experience behind the wheel may prevent accidents, where as following the rules will not always save you from a wreck.

Do you feel that Top Gear has an influence on drivers? Why?
Of course, whether it's good or bad quite depends on the person, as with anything. What you should ask is, "Do you watch Top Gear Regularly, and how do arrest a car from oversteer?"

Did you watch the episode aired 28th January 2007 in which the programme shown presenter Richard Hammonds Jet-propelled car crash.

Yes No

Do you feel that the way that Top Gear covered Richard Hammond's crash was justified? Why?
Kind of a vague question. I think the way in which the crash was presented was perfectly acceptable. They logically went through the crash and why it happened. It was a mechanical error, yes it could have been prevented. This past winter I know of a person who's car has been totaled on account of a worn tie rod, probably due to pot holes. You can blame winter, you can blame the sheared bolt, you can blame the city. In the end you just have to accept that shit happens.

Have you been in the studio audience for a filming of Top Gear

Yes No

How do you feel the studio audience was weighted in 2002

How do you feel the studio audience is weighted during the last series late 2007

Any other comments
Pretty please will you post the dissertation when it's complete.:)

Male, 21, Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No-It advocates passion for automotive transport in all of its glory, Yes-I'm influenced to have good teeth and I drive; therefore I'm an influenced driver, Yes, Yes-Piss off if you want to say anything about the editorial decisions of that segment as Hamster would have cut anything he deemed inappropriate and his opinion is the only one that matters, No, Male, Equal (with appearances by all 12 hot English women).

All these people and not a single one with points on their licenses? Were gonna ruin this poor ladies hypothesisisis. I give you permission to take my words out of context if you deem it necessary. We all just want you to make the best dissertation ever.:)

I've got points (taken away from) my licence (different system, you start off with 18, then work your way down to 0) when i totalled my ex car.

Which crap university and study allows you to write a bachelor or even master dissertation over Top Gear?? That seems pretty lame to me...Isn't this just a school project or something??

Reactions: LP
Female
22 ? 30
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
Yes, we all drive around saying 'rubbish', 'flappy paddle', boot' ect.
Yes
Don't get this question, I feel that alot of other programs/newspapers did unjustified coverage and wanted to milk it for what it was worth, I think Top Gear covered it good.
No
More male than female
Equally weighted

Which crap university and study allows you to write a bachelor or even master dissertation over Top Gear?? That seems pretty lame to me...Isn't this just a school project or something??

Agreed completely. And with only 1 post, doesn't seem like a very good idea.

:lol:

Seriously now, this is a DISSERTATION! :D

152.gif
Sorry, I'll play nice now...

:mrgreen: