Divine Ownage

What a jackass. It's good that the guy was such an experienced rider, most other people would not be alive to post that. I knew people like 'Divine Z' when I used to go street racing. He's not going to stop driving like an idiot until he crashes, kills someone or goes to jail.

explain motorbike-people
Spectre covered it; the more gear you wear, the better off you are. I don't know how in the hell frat boys/other assorted douches deal with riding in flip-flops, shorts or without a shirt.

Just a few weeks ago I was riding across town, going 45mph or so, and this nice chunk of gravel bounced up and took a chunk out of my ring finger. On my right hand of course. So I had to ride for a couple minutes, yelling obscenities, until I found a gas station. :cool: I'll be buying some good gloves if I ever get another paycheck.

Last edited:
I guess I should consider myself a squid, and a douche and should hope to die a horrible death then.

Although I usually wear gloves and mostly wear boots, always a FF helmet, I don't always wear all the shit I'm supposed to. I used to ride to work everyday in shirt and tie. The one time I got hit I was wearing thongs cos I was just nipping round the corner to get some dinner (usually would never ride without shoes at least).

Would only consider wearing full, one-piece leathers at the track or on a long ride.

I guess the one thing I have going for me is that I've never had a fast bike and I don't ride like a tool. Also, I forced my woman to wear a FF helmet even though she resisted - anyone who gets on my bike needs a FF.

I guess I should consider myself a squid, and a douche and should hope to die a horrible death then.
:lol: Me too. I'm not going to drop a bunch of money on gear when I'm riding a 30 year old $500 dirtbike around town. I've got a full-face helmet, and I normally wear work boots anyway (saved me from a broken ankle). I bought a decent textile riding jacket, but since most my trips are only 5-10 miles, I hardly ever wear it. I've also got some great Thor motocross boots, but I'm not running around town in those.

Last edited:
Five years ago we didn't have *any* workable airbags on bikes. Today we not only have them on motorcycles, but we have them in jackets and they're starting to become more and more common.

:blink:
Airbags on bikes?
Dear god that sounds like a disaster. I can imagine that going off and sending you flying. I worry enough about the ones in the damn car killing me.

I never pass around a corner if I have to cross into opposing traffic's lane. I will probably never bring myself to do it. Only pass on straights.

After seeing his dumb youtube video where he duplicates Tokyo Drift, I really hope he does get caught. I find doing that stuff stupid. Don't get me wrong, I do like watching drifting, but on a course where it actually takes more skill.

I am amazed ANYONE does that on pubic roads WTF. I find it risky enough on straights to cross the line I never do it unless the road is wide enough that a car can still pass. A corner really? OH HAY I GO ON WRONG SIDE NOW OH LOOK A GIANT TRUCK OOPS *smush*
He is damn lucky that was a tiny bike that could dodge him and not a F-350 or something.

I've been crossreading those forums for 20 minutes now and all I can see is some 2-wheel-guys pretending to be the hardest fuckers around and some 4-wheel-guys trying to hump a biker chicks leg.. and oh boy, she's loving it.

Wasn't worth the time.

the whole thing seems pretty pointless and rather childish doesnt it?

i dunno who's worse the guy driving the Z or the bikers mouthing off.

the guy came and apologised and even offered to apologise in person and sort his "crew'' out for them. the Z driver is probably being the most mature of the lot of them.

in my experience bikers are no different.... we've had one crash into the wing mirror of our renault espace once and he went skidding off into a hedge. he rounded a blind corner practically on the wrong side of the road and then couldt move over in time. hit his head/shoulder area on the wing mirror.

so in my view.... driving and biking enthusiasts are as bad as each other

the guy came and apologised and even offered to apologise in person and sort his "crew'' out for them. the Z driver is probably being the most mature of the lot of them.

I see you missed the post where his "friend" went on the same account and basically told the bikers to f*** off.

the only way the guy could actually improve is if he put himself in for a lobotomy, had his genitals surgically removed to prevent the possibility of passing on his genes and his car crushed into a litte cube and given that Tata Nano as his transport.
I still think one of the best things to do is for someone's keys to meet his paintwork.

I see you missed the post where his "friend" went on the same account and basically told the bikers to f*** off.

guess i did because i lost the will to live shortly after his apology

Based on what the original biker who was involved in the incident said below I very much doubt the z driver meant his apology or will change his driving habits. I'm sure there are quite a few hypocritical people in there too though.

It's difficult to believe that our close call had much impact on you. Once I finally got turned around and caught up to you, you were in the midst of a big old doughnut at the turn off to Moraga. It seems like odd behavior for someone who might be concerned or rattled at the prospect of having nearly killed another person as the result of his own dangerous driving.

When I caught up to you again heading back south on Pinehurst, you were driving slowly, but appeared to ignore my best attempts to get your attention while at the same time talking on the cellphone. I followed you the length of Pinehurst twice. If you wanted to man up, this was the time to do it. It's difficult to believe that you did not know I was following you.

Based on what the original biker who was involved in the incident said below I very much doubt the z driver meant his apology or will change his driving habits. I'm sure there are quite a few hypocritical people in there too though.

Yeah ^, I got a similar impression. :(
  1. He?s sorry he got traced ? (kudos the BARF sleuths)
  2. He?s sorry that Connie ?Named & Shamed? him on his own 350Z Forum
  3. He will be very sorry if the cops get involved in this incident
  4. He will be very, very sorry if his parents find out & take his keys and sell the cars
The apology was a ruse to cool things out on the BARF forum IMO, thereafter enabling him to resume posting again on the 350Z Forum, which he has not done in response to Connie?s ?Hawt? thread.

I may change my mind about this guy, if there are any signs genuine acts of contrition; like selling his 350Z, going to remedial driving school, turning himself in to the cops, volunteering as a porter in a busy ER dealing with lots of auto accidents, etc.

Unfortunately, there won?t be anything like this, I think.:|

:blink:
Airbags on bikes?
Dear god that sounds like a disaster. I can imagine that going off and sending you flying. I worry enough about the ones in the damn car killing me.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc1Tx-1GZcI[/YOUTUBE]

What a cock.
I think you are right Blind_IO, he is pushed into a corner and now tries to get out the best way rather then really apoligizing.
I hope I'am wrong though. Who know's what will happen if an unexp. driver gets confronted with such a situatuion... I would literally kill the person, if one of my loved ones would die in such a crash.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc1Tx-1GZcI[/YOUTUBE]

Yup, and the ones mounted on the motorcycle do not send you flying. They don't even knock your hands off the bar. (Note: That Dainese airbag jacket has been tested in competition, a number of WSB and GP riders are using them and it has avoided serious injury for those users.)

[youtube]ApYPzyPnFOs[/youtube]

[youtube]2OOc2oGDJ_o[/youtube]

It's not perfect and it doesn't work well if the impact with the car is at a significant angle - but it's a lot better than nothing:

With airbag:
111920061724308313.jpg

Without airbag:
111920061724300165.jpg

This is unlike car airbags which 1) most people sit *way* too close to, and 2) will actually knock your hands off the steering wheel when deployed.

That said, I don't want these becoming mandatory either because I'm sure someone will come up with something newer and better and I don't want to get stuck with an idiot equipment standard like always.

Last edited:
Two days ago a friend struck an SUV making an illegal U-Turn in front of her. She hit the A-pillar of the Explorer and went to the hospital. She's expected to make a full recovery, but if she had the airbag system on the Goldwing she would have walked away with no injury.

That is why you can put the airbags on your person with specialized gear, not on the motorcycle.

Although, I would like to see research on that front too, maybe have the bag come out from just above the headlight?

yeah the jacket one looks better than the ones they put on cars but I don't know if I'm sure about the on cycle one not sending me flying. It's about weight and I don't weigh much :/

I love that his car is the most typical riced up piece of shit you'll ever find... complete with underground, ricey pictures.

The bikers in that thread seem too hardcore, but I never have any sympathy for ricer fucks (most of whom can't drive and have no respect for the law).

Edit: Cagers are car drivers in biker terminology? Lol! Clever.

Last edited:
Blind_Io said:
Translation: "I drove like a prick and started tailgating, escalating the incident into road-rage." Now pick one of the following:
A - "I was so close that when the car braked to go into a blind corner that I could not control my vehicle, and instead of have a minor fender-bender I chose to risk an head-on collision."
B - "My massive ego couldn't take it so I decided to show the Miata who was boss and took him on the inside, nearly killing a man in the process."
Wow, I should write Choose Your Own Adventure books.

That made me laugh. However in incidents of roadrage the car in front often does do the whole brake test thing to try and screw them up. Then again, getting into the whole road rage thing in the firstplace was stupid. But looking at the OP in that forum, he did say himself that he turned round to give the guy a piece of his mind.

Does anyone else see a simularity there? (thats if the 350z driver is telling the truth). What i mean is, they both were pissed off becuase another inconsiderate driver nearly injured/killed them. And they both chased after said driver to... express there feelings. Im not trying to stick up for the douche in the 350z, just making a comparison between the two. Of course, Bike riders are more vunerable. But i must admit, the guy did seem generally sorry. Whether thats because he didnt want a bunch of bikers kicking seven shades of shit out of him, or he didnt want to be in trouble with the fuzz, i dont know.

P.S: Divine Z? GAY!

Last edited:
yeah the jacket one looks better than the ones they put on cars but I don't know if I'm sure about the on cycle one not sending me flying. It's about weight and I don't weigh much :/

It's physics. The airbag pops out of the jacket, so it's moving away from your body, not into it. Whatever position your body is in at the time of the deployment determines where the bags go. If you look at how they deploy, they come out of the upper arms and around the neck - no where that would throw you off the bike.

That made me laugh. However in incidents of roadrage the car in front often does do the whole brake test thing to try and screw them up. Then again, getting into the whole road rage thing in the firstplace was stupid. But looking at the OP in that forum, he did say himself that he turned round to give the guy a piece of his mind.

Does anyone else see a simularity there? (thats if the 350z driver is telling the truth). What i mean is, they both were pissed off becuase another inconsiderate driver nearly injured/killed them. And they both chased after said driver to... express there feelings. Im not trying to stick up for the douche in the 350z, just making a comparison between the two. Of course, Bike riders are more vunerable. But i must admit, the guy did seem generally sorry. Whether thats because he didnt want a bunch of bikers kicking seven shades of shit out of him, or he didnt want to be in trouble with the fuzz, i dont know.

P.S: Divine Z? GAY!

If you read on, Flying Hun comes in and states that, from what he saw, the Miata didn't brake-check the Z at all - the driver was trying to avoid the inevitable collision.

Last edited: