DmC: Devil May Cry

XeroState

Car(s)
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
Anyone planning on picking the game up? At first I wasn't too thrilled about it, but the more I saw it the more I figured I'd give it a chance, and the demo has sold me.

Dante is just as arrogant (maybe even more so), the gameplay is what I would expect from a Devil May Cry game (something I call "hack 'n slasho, button-masho"). The addition of the Devil and Angel modes are a vast improvement over his previous character. While playing DmC4, when you play as Dante I realised just how much the fighting was slowed down by the lack of an ability to either pull an enemy to you, or pull yourself to them. Dante now has both abilities, and not only does it crank up the combo/style, it lets the fight flow from one enemy group to another seamlessly.

As for his appearance, meh, I'll get over it. He looks like the classic Dante while in Devil Trigger so who knows where they will take the story.

The "living town" of Limbo is, interesting. Definitely catches you out if you're not paying attention when running around. Though, in the demo at least, it happens in advance where you don't need split second reactions

I never played DMC... I played the DMC4 demo off PSN but nothing more. I remember liking it but GoW3 just made it look boring IMO.

Is there a demo on PSN for the new one? I'll definitely grab that if there is.

Even I have not played DmC before. I heard and seen it but never played it. It certainly looked interesting in one of those game play videos.

There certainly is a demo on PSN. You get a training mission (I think it's mission 4 in the game, maybe 3) and one boss fight (well, the first half of a boss fight). And it is very much like God of War. They both fall into the "hack'n'slasho, button-masho" games (when on easy, don't even have to dodge in either of them) as well as Heavenly Sword (if you ever played it, same team developed this game).

Little things here and there bug me, but for the most part, I'm enjoying it.

I played Heavenly Sword, was pretty good. DMC was monotonous even while playing just the demo and kinda made me take a step back. I'll give it a proper checking when I'm done with the new BL2 DLC.

All DMC games are incredibly monotonous, not much of a surprise there.

Run in room, get trapped, start music, kill everything in sight via button mashing, with increasing use of dodge/parry as you increase the difficulty. Repeat.
Find boss, beat boss same way, have a smartass remark to finish him off. Repeat.

It does a decent job of introducing new enemies at nice pacing throughout the game so it's not constantly the same guys. The same goes for the weapons and Devil Trigger addition.

The story is definitely an interesting remodel of it, some parts I dislike, others I feel are an improvement