DMCA Notice

To be honest, I come to FG for the community, and not for TG. I don't think it's a big deal. If I want to watch TG, I know where I can watch it :)

Forza FG! or something...

It is curious, however. The BBC has known about this site for years.

Agreed. I suspect this has less to do with official BBC policy and more to do with some BBC lawyer looking to rack up billable hours.

To be honest, I come to FG for the community, and not for TG. I don't think it's a big deal. If I want to watch TG, I know where I can watch it :)

This. Couldn't care less about top gear (still watch it though), but I'm here for the forums

goose-laughing.gif

This was probably sent by some bureaucrat doing his thing they assigned him. This will most likely be withdrawn (silently). I expect the links to come back up.

Working against your biggest fan club world wide is pants on head retarded.

the torrents and releases will obviously be available on all private and non private trackers anyway, ftp, one click hosters even, so this has 0 impact on sourcing an episode anyway. (except maybe for people who are not internet savvy).

So some preposterous small-minded gobshite with maybe an LL.M. decides it's time to protect, hurr durr, the gold mine that TG still is from its biggest fans and they make you guys take the bloody links down? :rofl: Yeah, good luck trying to change anything with that. Like water in a poorly built house, the web always finds a way. In this case though, the house is made of cards.

Working against your biggest fan club world wide is pants on head retarded.
What he said. :yes:

aEw151M_460sa.gif

Gee good thing there's a plethora of private torrent trackers and FTPs available.

Y'all have to move to Russia ;)

Finalgear.ru :lol:

I blame Clarkson's mates in the Chipping Sodomy Set who are determined to defund and wreck the BBC.

Probably safer in the long run to split the forum from video offers...

Last edited:

This. Couldn't care less about top gear (still watch it though), but I'm here for the forums

The show is still going? I wouldn't have known - all the rehashed jokes and segments made me think they were just reruns.

DMCA Notice

Y'all have to move to Russia ;)

Finalgear.ru :lol:

I blame Clarkson's mates in the Chipping Sodomy Set who are determined to defund and wreck the BBC.

Probably safer in the long run to split the forum from video offers...

Just a quick point - the BBC started doing this right after the DMCA was passed and Labour was running the UK. They killed at least one Dr. Who fan site IIRC, and they weren't even offering torrent links let alone torrents. Can't blame Clarksonians for this one.

The BBC even trademarked the police box and has won several judgements in the US and UK against people who happened to paint their police box blue, starting in 2002.

Last edited:
Got my notice via e-mail. Not shocking, really, but certainly surprising after so many years of no one seeming to care what we did. That 'no adverts on the American version' theory seems plausible, especially since the BBC has always known about this place.

Remember when Andy Wilman himself visited and told us to watch whatever special it was at the time basically by any means necessary? Can't help but think of that from time to time, especially when things like this happen...

Well, this is sad news, but not shocked either that it happened. Now I need to figure out where to get new episodes from, I have a few ideas.

I am reasonably sure this is a right hand/left hand thing on the part of the BBC. It is still unbelievably stupid, though.

Agreed. I suspect this has less to do with official BBC policy and more to do with some BBC lawyer looking to rack up billable hours.

I'd bet my money on it being RIAA or whatever the UK equivalent is. Like others have said, the BBC has known about FG for years, and some of their employees come here pretty often. I imagine it the music companies found out the BBC wasn't cracking down on people pirating shows with their music in it though they'd probably get their panties in a twist and bitch to the BBC.

It sucks because the music is one of the best things about TGUK but it's also probably the reason why we'll never get a stream subscription or non half assed export episodes on iTunes or where ever.

I'd bet my money on it being RIAA or whatever the UK equivalent is. Like others have said, the BBC has known about FG for years, and some of their employees come here pretty often. I imagine it the music companies found out the BBC wasn't cracking down on people pirating shows with their music in it though they'd probably get their panties in a twist and bitch to the BBC.

It sucks because the music is one of the best things about TGUK but it's also probably the reason why we'll never get a stream subscription or non half assed export episodes on iTunes or where ever.

If you carefully read the post on the front page, you can spot that it comes from FACT UK. Basically some up-their-own-ass company who still lives in 1980.