DMCA Notice

The timer seems popular so maybe we'll add it to the homepage of the forums or something.

That would be a relief - thanks! :bow:

Apart from catching a stray Tweet about a new series actually showing, rather than filming, many of us wouldn't know when their next TG 'fix' is released.

Thankfully, the BBC lawyers(pricks) have waited until the programme is not worth watching before sending out this notice. I thank them for that.

The timer seems popular so maybe we'll add it to the homepage of the forums or something.

That would be awesome.

Just a suggestion: Leave the front page for news on TG UK/US/AUS/USA and Fifth Gear with the timer showing and what not but without the links.

Just a suggestion: Leave the front page for news on TG UK/US/AUS/USA and Fifth Gear with the timer showing and what not but without the links.

There's not much point. We very rarely post non-release news and it can be posted here on the forums instead.

I guess that means the end of TGUK for me, I have no clue where to get the stuff otherwise.

Thanks, BBC, you've killed a great show for me.
Sincerely,
A British Citizen living abroad.

PS: I've spent quite a bit of money on songs this site has identified as being used in the episodes. Not that the artists got much money from selling their work after the labels took their cut.

Last edited:
Pirate Bay is more than a bit of a trap these days. Good way to get yourself your own personal DMCA notice if not outright sued.

Look elsewhere.

1. The first link is clearly a seeder/uploader. He did it from USA, of course he was going to get busted.

2. There is hardly any information to go on there. I have only gotten nasty letter from sharing content NEVER from downloading it.

In regards to the site at hand, it's too bad, but I will go to piratebay for new season when it is complete.

you know, I think I might be done with top gear now, this is a really dumb decision on their part (the BBC that is)

like some have said, the past few seasons have just felt way too overproduced for my tastes- I look forward to the new Smoking Tire podcasts than I do new top gear episodes, I think I will just move to them for my automotive entertainment/news.

No sense in keeping the main site up if there aren't any TG downloads available.
You could just post when a new episode is available on other sites, just without saying where. Just something like:
Top Gear America 05?06 Released:
The latest episode is available. Discuss the show on the forum.​

It'd still be very helpful to know when we can get shows, have a place to see the dates of when the latest episodes aired, as well as get news about the shows - all in one place.

*dingddingding* We have a winner folks! Seriously, BBC...we know you're watching. THIS....This is your answer.

Short, Simple, and to the point. And it's really all we want.

Actually I do not want to use iTunes, but I'm very willing to pay the same fees Brits pay for the BBC and get iPlayer access.

You could just post when a new episode is available on other sites, just without saying where. Just something like:
Top Gear America 05?06 Released:
The latest episode is available. Discuss the show on the forum.​

It'd still be very helpful to know when we can get shows, have a place to see the dates of when the latest episodes aired, as well as get news about the shows - all in one place.

Then we'll just get tons and tons of people asking where they can download the episode. I'd rather not.

That's that then...

I would happily give the BBC some money in order to be able to watch TG UK when it's released (in HD and of course with proper audio). But since I'm apparently living in the wrong country that's not going to happen any time soon. (Note: I would rather give my money to the BBC instead of having to pay 18 ? each month for German television I don't actually watch. Thanks to "globalization" (or the very opposite) I have to pay over 200 ? per year for a product I don't use and at the same time I can't buy another product I would use)

By making it hard or impossible for many to see Top Gear around the world [except for the butchered version available in some countries], Top Gear Live will surely have less pulling power than it used to.

The usual reason why these take down are imposed is because the local distributors in a country [like the 9 network in Australia] balk and squawk because people are downloading episodes before they transmit them. Naturally, they will never stop following their failed business practices and instead arrange for shows to be broadcast within a week of the UK release and not butcher them to stick in even more commercials. No siree, much better to cut off their nose to spite their face.

I would gladly pay the BBC license fee to be able to stream their programs to the US as originally broadcast. Watching BBC America is just annoying with commercials, so much so that I like 99% of American TV, I simply can not be bothered.

*dingddingding* We have a winner folks! Seriously, BBC...we know you're watching. THIS....This is your answer.

Short, Simple, and to the point. And it's really all we want.

Yeah, that would be the answer, but it is never going to happen.

To many people would be cut out of the money potential.

And if they do come out with something it will be stupid because the people making these decision have absolutely no clue.

Like when they first came out with legit music downloads but put so many restrictions on it I finally just said screw it and downloaded it in such a way I could play it on what I wanted. By the time they figured it out, many many more people had jumped on the alternative way and they were not going back, where if it had been that way in the beginning, I, and I am sure many more would have continued to buy the overpriced stuff. They wanted too much control and I think they lost out on way more than they gained with it.

I've been downloading anything and everything from every torrent/download site under the sun for many years.
Why won't DMCA contact me? I feel ignored.. ;(

I've been watching TG since the days of William Woollard, Chris Goffey and then Tiff, Tony Mason and the original Clarkson through the ups and downs. Sadly the BBC's attitude towards the very people that made the franchise a success means that, for an expat Brit of 20yrs, they've put the final nail in a very long coffin.

BBC Knowledge is all well and good but it's very easy to see the butchery made to the program even without watching the original broadcast so to watch the original then the half baked replacement is at best tiresome and at worst insulting. I've had more laughs watching TG-US this year than what is coming out of the UK. Over scripted, over produced, trying too hard to find innuendo and Primary Schoolboy humour where it is not required, for general audiences, has reached its limits.

In it's current format, I don't mind if I never watch another new episode......which is a sad indictment of something that I used to look forward to.

Loyalty is more important than money.

The BBC's lack of loyalty to those that made the franchise a success, hopefully, comes back to bite them in the ass......where their fat wallet no doubt resides - Ecclestone, eat your heart out.

My current plan is to replace the main site with a single page showing an explanation of why we no longer offer downloads and a big link to the forums. No sense in keeping the main site up if there aren't any TG downloads available.
The episode guide is occasionally handy - if you knock it down to a condensed, single page per season format, it would be even moreso.

The episode guide is occasionally handy - if you knock it down to a condensed, single page per season format, it would be even moreso.

Wikipedia has a better and more comprehensive guide that I would rather defer to. No sense in duplicating content that exists in a better format there. It's just more work for us.

This was a longtime coming, with the copyright trolls moving more and more outside the law.

But so what? I think Top Gear has been crap for who knows how many seasons now, and yet I've rarely missed an episode. I download my episodes through torrents. I haven't used the links on finalgear.com's front page for over six years now. Go figure!

As always, the only thing this DMCA-complaint seems to do is hurt BBC's image and piss off a couple of fans. You'd think they'd learn.

Oh well, I think I'll go download a couple hundred gigs of crap, just so I can delete it afterwards.