DMotor vs. TopGear special (english subs)

Great job for subbing it!!
Although I must add those D-Motor people blame their tools for every single mistake they did.
And Top Gear won. Who knew I thought they won :p

"Lunchtime my arse" :lol::lol:+rep for you.

I liked it, although it was always a bit of a "Germans overanalysing everything" show.They also explain time and time again why this Carsten guy can't drive. (oh dearie, he can't drive a RHD car, awww...)

And they have excuses for everything that goes wrong. Still, pretty interesting overall, especially seeing it from the other perspective.

One little niggle, the times when the Germans are subbing what the TGtrio are saying, they're usually miles off the truth...either they didn't understand what they meant or didn't hear what they said, the subs are just crap

on the other hand, whoever did the German>English sub was pretty good at it.

Is it just me who is thinking that you complain about almost everything?

I can only say: Thx for the effort.

anyone uploads this to rapidshare please?

Huge props to all who contributed to the translation !!!

And my god the germans were boring people !! Grey, dull, blank, tasteless are just few words coming to mind. Sabine is the only one who had at least a hint of something relating to a personality. Tim Schrick was just blaaah and that Carsten dude deserves a good punch in the face.

And the narrator didn't help at all.

And no, I don't say this only based on the subtitles, I understand geramn well enough to understand what they were saying and how they were saying it.

Still, fun to watch......Hammond's victory celebration over Carsten is still the best bit of TV in a long time :D

Minnie Cooper? Otherwise, great job!

Wow, thanks for subbing and sharing, guys!

I loved their conversation while watching the TG guys film before the drag race... "According to the Geneva convention they have to supply us with food." :lol:

I might be in the minority here, but I thought this was good fun, explanations and all.

Thanks again!

^probably true :)

I also really, really, REALLY hate that Carsten guy now. He seems a bore in the TG bit, but in the Dmotor review we see he is really queen sized pussy. Why is he on a carshow if he's scared to go fast? He's such a whiny little bitch, I'm glad Hammond went "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH" in his face now

YES! :stupid:

Its definitely more, lets say 'clinical', than Top Gear...

Nice job with the subtitles, thanks! It was nice to see more material of that challenge, particularly from D-motor's view.

And NooDle, Brother Michael... calm down. To me it seems like you took that way too seriously! I didn't find anything annoying or disturbing from it.

that was surprisingly entertaining. Carsten is a really funny guy, i was shocked to see a german with a sense of humor

Part 4 of the Youtube bit doesn't work anymore. :(

EDIT: Uh nvm, works perfect now.

Also, the annoucer mentioned that Kiff the one-armed soundman lost his arm in a previous TG episode, is this actually true, and if so, what episode?

Last edited:
Fantastic job on the subs mate ! And the Germans were sooo boring... Over-analyzing everything (even the paint-ball tanks for cryin out loud !)... mayb because they had to put all of it in 44 mins.

Interesting to hear about the issues with the 9FF. I wondered why it didn't smash the 'Vette. Also funny to see correct translations from German to English. The BBC censored more that I thought they did.

What I noticed on second view (apart from the already mentioned flaws), was that in the Top Gear version, they toned down the German presenters a lot to put a bigger spot on the Top Gear team and to make the Germans seem dull and uninteresting (serving stereotypes, I presume).

I'm glad the D-Motor version corrects that a bit and shows a more balanced view of the two teams. Not knowing D-Motor from TV (isn't aired here), I was surprised that they actually had a good amount of funny remarks and one-liners, too. Some were definitely up to Top Gear level but I suppose they weren't allowed to steal the TG team's show in the BBC version ;)

Last edited:
Strange to see most people didn't like the German coverage. I thought it was a far better job than the Top Gear version (although a full 45 mins probably helped) and the German presenters had me in stitches. Based on this, I'd far rather see more D-Motor than Aussie Top Gear!

Why is he on a carshow if he's scared to go fast?

Why is captain slow on a car show?

Minnie Cooper? Otherwise, great job!

lol yeah, I was thinking the same thing. (both in regards to "Minnie", and to "great job")

that was surprisingly entertaining. Carsten is a really funny guy, i was shocked to see a german with a sense of humor

Agreed. For all the british talk of subtle/tongue-in-cheek humour, surprisingly few people in this thread seem to get that very little of what he was saying was really to be taken seriously.... then again those people weren't brits, but rather scandinavians and belgians, if I'm remembering the thread correctly....