DMotor vs. TopGear special (english subs)

Firstly

THANK YOU

to the OP for taking the time to sub the episode and upload it.

I found it great and I think unlike a lot of people on here I actually got Carstens sense of humour. Super Dry and heavily self deprecating. I dont believe he was making genuine excuses for failing to win. Just mugging for the camera.:lol: In much the same way the TG team do regularly!

Some people really need a crash course in Irony!

Furthermore i simply cant stand Sabine, i don't know why many people like her so much. She might be a good driver, but her TV presentation skills are just awkward and i don't like her voice.

Well, she might be "annoying" to the average German but it could be that to the average American, she does not represent the average superficial surgercally enhanced "Desperate Housewife" or any boney model female who spends millions of dollars to "look young" in the media. At least, she appears to be quite HAPPY of what she does and she does not have to take her clothes off to prove it. I don't know about the others but it could she appears more "womanly" than these artificial pretentious woman. So, is she at least better than them? Well, beauty is the eye the beholder.

Thank you! Thoroughly enjoyed that.

I'm probably in a very small minority, but I thought Carsten was amusing. I'm not sure whether he's supposed to be, but he was :)

I agree. I found it quite amusing when he "imitated" a British accent by saying, "BRITISH, BRITISH, BRITISH!" after Top Gear was trying to make excuses of why the drag race had to be a quarter mile, or 402.23 meters, and reiterating the word "British" so many times.

We always have excuses, that's the whole point of a german's life, thinking of excuses why something didn't go as we wanted. :p

Having researched the German culture closely, this could be why you Germans, as a whole, build the best cars and set the innovation standards in the world. I mean the Germans, when building a car, pay attention to DETAIL, like where and how far the switches should be or how to prevent a car from going out of control.

Last edited by a moderator:
one little niggle in this whole episode :

whoever subtitled "Mini" as "MINNIE" should be shot. That is all

Nobody noticed how Carsten complained about how he couldn't quite reach the Bowler's controls whlie racing Richard "Lofty" Hammond?

:lol:Mentioning The War as a joke wouldn't quite have worked in germany:lol:
That's a Brit thing:rolleyes:
They didn't even bother to explain that Axis vs. Allies thing in the drag race. We still were confused about that mile/hamburger concept.

Buuuut, D Motor shows how rather heavily scripted Top Gear really is. That protest about The Stig's wasn't very convincing. Aaaand seems like you can swear as much as you like in german TV. Clarkson got beeped(Brit footage) the germans didn't.

Clarkson wrote the event. Clarkson wins.:p
Love the german owned, french powered, Union Jacked Minnie :D

Many thanks for posting this series. I have been waiting to see Dmotor version for a while. IMO this version is funnier then the Top Gear version, the presenter dynamic is just as good.

If anyone is intrested there are a couple of humorous clips of Carsten's segment on Youtube. Not in english but you can get the idea.

:lol:Mentioning The War as a joke wouldn't quite have worked in Germany:lol:
That's a Brit thing:rolleyes:

Well Carstein does say of the little paintball tanks "This takes me back. Dunkirk, Anaheim"

Which was a little close to the nuckle but I think acceptable.

I think he said Arnhem, where "A Bridge too Far" is, as opposed to where the Mighty Ducks play :p

Nobody noticed how Carsten complained about how he couldn't quite reach the Bowler's controls whlie racing Richard "Lofty" Hammond?

:lol: I was wondering that myself when I watched it. Hammond's reaction after winning was gold.

Finally got round to watching this, was fun seeing it from the other angle.

Team TG fucked them over in every event. :lol:

p.s. Thats a DB6 not 5... I hate being pedantic. :(

They didn't even bother to explain that Axis vs. Allies thing in the drag race. We still were confused about that mile/hamburger concept.

The truth is that the current young generation of Germans probably doesn't even know what is meant by the term "axis powers" :|

Would be a funny to see a group of British and Germans together, the British making jokes about the war, like the kind they made in this TG episode - and the German having absolutely no idea what those strange Brits are going on about. Could lead to very awkward but also amusing situations :D

The British are the only ones who cling on to the war(s) that much and I wonder how long it will take them to realize that they are the only ones who laugh about their own jokes, while everyone else looks at each other with a question mark on their faces...

Aaaand seems like you can swear as much as you like in german TV. Clarkson got beeped(Brit footage) the germans didn't.

Of course. The whole beeping thing is absolutely ridiculous. There is no kind of censorship like that here. We assume that our children and their parents are very much capable of dealing with bad language.

Then again, people on TV here simply don't swear anywhere nearly as much, as they seem to do in the English speaking world, probably because we have no counterpart to "fuck" - except in its original meaning of course.

Clarkson wrote the event. Clarkson wins.:p

Clarkson (resp. Top Gear) probably also paid for the whole event ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Suedschleife, much appreciated!

:+1:

The truth is that the current young generation of Germans probably doesn't even know what is meant by the term "axis powers" :|

well, actually, quite a lot of people sure would understand and laugh about it. i do, and i know many more who do or would ;)

it's just rather uncommon to make jokes about the war on other than satirical backgrounds, it is still quite a difficult topic, especially for that slowpoke who wrote that awkward narrative parts... i mean, germans do have a sense of humor, but just don't even bother looking for it anywhere near the television.

with regards to Germans : DON'T MENTION THE WAR!

fawlty.jpg

Que?

Eess no rat, eess Siberian hamster!