DNS Problems...??

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
Hey. Couldn't access the site and few others the whole day, and thought they would just be down.

Now it turns out, its not the site, and not a problem with my PC or Network, since a buddy of mine couldn't do it either.

Have to browse via a proxy now, which sucks.

Most likely -> DNS Server Problem and I can't do anything about it?
My Fritzbox takes some hacking to change the DNS Servers.

Any suggestions?

configure your networkadapter to use a dnsserver of your choice link
e.g. 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (http://www.opendns.com) or use a university near you (google for their dnsserver address)

Already tried that, same problem. Guess its not the DNS.

I tracert the forums, it goes way past the dns server and a bit after london. SO I guess its some sort of peering trouble or other stuff I don't understand. Tried some more of my heavy user friends and they all had wonky browsing throughout the day. Nothing I can do here, I guess... Tomorrow is another day ;-)

Internet routing issues I guess.

If it was a DNS issue, it would say "Server not found". If it's a peering issue, it will say "unable to connect".

Weird thing was, it didn't do anything for a while and then it just stopped trying and never gave me an error. Never had that before ;-)
Its fixed now, kthxbai ;-)

^ Since the signal got screwed somewhere between NYC and Chicago, I'd say its the other way round, but you're right, would make a good one!

Yeah I had similar problems yesterday, I could only access the site through a proxy. I also thought it might be a DNS problem, but then I don't know too much about computers, so I can't really tell.

Jensked has - and will have - a special place in my heart. Check your CP, mate...

/edit: Uhh, forgot, I'm a bit drunk...