Do or die for Toyota. If the wins don't come they go out

One question remains - why have they done so badly? Its not for lack of money or trying.

They have a very Japanese way of running their organisation. Fantastic if you're running a global megacompany which Toyota are with their cars division, but largely useless for running a Grand Prix team which needs decisions made instantly and where plans can change on a minute by minute basis. They involve a lot of people in upper management who all have a say in the decision making, and it costs time, money and resources. Decisions which can be made in an instant by a Jean Todt or a Frank Williams are tied down in Japanese bureaucracy. Plus there's the old Japanese culture thing where they don't want to lose face with a poor decision. Its why inadequate people hold certain jobs in the organisation simply because management dont want to admit they made a mistake in the first place. It's a largely blameless and decentralised way of running things, and the complete opposite of how to effectively and efficiently manage a top line Grand Prix team.

Last edited:
20 pence that IF Toyota wins a race, it'll be Glock.

Jarno doesnt seem that on the ball to me.

With the 09 rules, I suppose the TF109 should be up there, or close.

I'd prefer it to be Glock then Jarno as well. Jarno doesn't interest me at all.

I expect there will be a mini renaissance when the Cossie becomes available. The lesser aerodynamics and a cheap engine and gearbox combo will make the sport much more accessible for privateers.

Didn't the teams say nay to that though? All the constructors would pull out if it happened.

Yeah, posted an article about that...apparently standard engine is not hapenning :D

Yeah, posted an article about that...apparently standard engine is not hapenning :D

Damn, I didn't see that. I feel that is a big blow for F1 unless the other teams are willing to supply teams with a customer engine for the same ?6 million a year.