Do we have any Android/iOS developers among us?

Thanks for that, I was looking at the list of FG groups from the community tab and couldn't find it ^^'

Not sure if it'll be an issue with Apple that account are limited to FG users, I guess we'll see :)

So I haven't found any bugs but I do have a feature suggestion. When I take a photo with my phone that I want to upload and post to the forum, the image that comes off my phone is huge.

The feature is a way to resize the image just before upload to a more forum-appropriate size. I doubt anyone really wants users embedding ~3500px by ~2000px photos in threads.

Thoughts? Or suggestions of other ways to resize on iOS? The stock photo app and photoshop app do cropping but not resizing.

I'm sure the standard image library has resizing options, so I don't see how killpanda couldn't add an option for a 1024 (or something along those lines) pixel longest edge auto resize before uploading.

I'm sure the standard image library has resizing options, so I don't see how killpanda couldn't add an option for a 1024 (or something along those lines) pixel longest edge auto resize before uploading.

Yah, it would definitely be an option. I just brought it up because 95% of my use for the app is to upload a photo to post.

I've looked into it briefly and after running some tests I decided that reducing the quality of the JPEG file from 1 to 0.8 was a good compromise, on my iPhone 5 it means photos that are ~1MB instead of ~4MB with no real impact on image quality, so not that huge in today's hi-speed Internet world :)
Uploading on my slow-ish 3G connexion takes about 10 seconds.

I can however definitely add the option to resize the image.
Maybe three options: 1024, 2048 and full size?

I've added the option for 1024, 2048 and full size uploads, they're in the application settings, in the main Settings app along with the setting to choose what kind of tags you want to copy after an upload.

I've set them to 1024px upload size and BBCode by default :)

By the way, the first version of the app has been rejected by Apple, apparently some of the buttons' hitboxes were too small for them. It's now been fixed and I'll push that along with the new upload size setting today :)

Last edited:
And it all actually works too? Great!

Now get to work on the android version. :p

Of course it all works :p

Waiting for review again.

(The waiting queue is around a week long, while the review process for a first submission usually takes around a day)

is there winmo8 app coming? :D

Android first, please. :p

I can do a few new mock-ups to match the iOS version. Or should they be more like L? I need to look at the guidelines more.

Maybe I'll do a WebOS version first :p

Joking aside, I actually managed to ruin my Nexus 4's display a few days ago, so the Android version might have to wait until I can have it fixed.

Oh no.. :(

Well, there's the SDK with the emulator and I'd be available for testing around the clock. ;)