Do we have any Android/iOS developers among us?

I'm working as an Android dev at the moment, but I don't have much time on the side at the moment. I could help for about half an hour/an hour every day though if necessary.

The drawer menu would be the same as the web view for images. 24 images per page with the filename and upload date displayed. Hopefully slide to delete as well.

Not a dev or anything but just putting my thoughts out there. Isn't having the gallery view on the drawer make it look a bit cluttered? Why not utilise the the area of the upload button?

Like the photos app?

Something like this? Where the upload button will be drawn on top of the photos as you scroll down.

That was just one design suggestion. I suppose the drawer could be used to swap between uploaded images & upload screen.

Well, most Android people would use the share function in the gallery app, I'd think. At least that's how I've seen most people use such stuff. :dunno:

As for a persistent upload button, we could also have a 1x1 widget.

Well, most Android people would use the share function in the gallery app, I'd think. At least that's how I've seen most people use such stuff. :dunno:

Ah yes. Forgot about that. That would be better than the widget. Share the photo from the gallery to the Armed Cats app and the link will be automatically copied to the clipboard like the browser extension.

That would be pretty awesome! :)

New mockups, cause everybody loves mockups!

Last edited:
Progress report - iOS Edition:

I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to work on the app, but I already got quite a bit figured out:

- Login / logout is working nicely
- Parsing of the main images gallery is done

Screenshot time:

So, after a bit of a discussion with Panda, we've agreed that the existing design was much too complex and could be simplified a lot and also made to function as similarly as possible across both iOS and Android platforms, so based on his existing work, here are the revised Android mockups:

Window you're presented with when starting the app for the first time (or after logging out):

Main view (no more pages, infinite scroll, starting with newest - 3 or 4 per row hasn't been decided yet):

Menu hasn't changed (apart from reordering):

What happens when you press the upload button:

Image view hasn't changed (apart from editing which tags you can copy):

Settings menu:

Looks good so far. :thumbsup:

HAHA! Hooray!

What about your coworker on the android front? Any updates there?

I've done some nice progress so far, the viewing part is pretty much done, just needs some polish and eye-candy.

I'm slightly struggling with the upload though, my request doesn't seem to be accepted by the server at all.
Armedcats was made by one of us right? Is that person still around? :)