Do you have a name for your car?

Sometimes I refer to my Jeep as the suicide death machine, just before I take people for a ride in it :D

I don't really name cars. At home we have two classic Saab 900's. One's a convertible and the other is a coup?. We just just call the coup? "Coup?" and we call the convertible "Caab". Since it's a Saab Cabriolet, mix those two together and you get Caab.

My GTI does't have a name but the traction control is named "Evelyn". Which I think is fitting for the traction nanny. Plus her initials are on the button, it says "ESP"

My Jeep doesn't have a name. but I haven't had it for long, so who knows. My friends want me to call it daisy. As in Daisy Duke. But I don't know, it's a bit of a beast to be daisy.

My El Camino was called the Elky. And whenever I got in and started driving I'd always say "what's up dude" or What's up brosif" or something like that.And when it died on me it was always "YOU F**KING MOTHER F**KER!!!" Then I would apologise.

When I was little me and my sister called my mum's astro van Thomas. After Thomas the tank engine.

No, not mine.

However, someone I went to school with called their old grey Mitsubishi Magna wagon 'Slugworth', which I think was one of the names of the evil rival candy makers in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. It was one of those early 90's ones (TR series, AFAIK) with the awful 4cyl Astron engine and auto trans. It was worthy of the name.

Last edited:
Sexi Lexi is what I call her.

No, I'm kidding, haven't named either of my two cars. I think when I got my first car I might have even tried to give it a name, but I guess I'm just not the sort of person to name their cars because I couldn't find one I liked.

I never named by Buick, but I did name both my bass guitars.

The Surf is simply known as Truck. My old 40 Series cruiser was also called Truck. The Corolla gets called Rollie or Rolla and the Camira, for reasons I can't remember was called Bitch.

naming your car makes it much more loved in time .
and i call mine (sharmoota) thats arabic for whore.

My old Vaz had a proper name-giving cermony! Or, a girl poured beer over the hood and named it "Ivan". My workmates called it "T-34" and my wife called it "The Blue Fear" after she almost ended up in a ditch a snowy morning.

think the only person i know who named their car was when me and a few friends named my friend's beater the vista cruiser (from that 70s show). it was a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville in grandma green with power everything but was also broken everything.:D

My friend named his 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera the "Milfmobile" because his license plate had the letters "MLF." :D

"The slam van"

Its a big ugly green van, with giant dents on both sides. And sometimes the Chrysler logo is tilted at the front.

I usually think of names for cars but I'm still considering what to call mine. During the restoration its name was something like "Shit, when will you be finished?"

That's doesn't sound as well as it did when I wrote it. I might name my car but I'm not enough of a nutter to talk to it :p.

I call mine "?ff?". It's what the letter F is called in Finnish vernacular.

I call mine "?ff?". It's what the letter F is called in Finnish vernacular.

Among friends I sometimes call mine the "Kahen litran Oohoocee" (seen the video perhaps? :D) at other times, it's just called the Sierra. Still trying to come up with a proper name :)