• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Do you have broadband or not?

Do you have broadband or not?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

freerider

I was just wondering. Are there people here who don't have broadband (dsl, cable or whatever).

Greetz Johan

I don't have a broadband connection. :(

I download stuff at the university. :roll:

fnorre said:
Don't think many 56K'ers hang around in a forum for downloading 175MB+ files? :)
Exactly.

Viper007Bond said:
fnorre said:
Don't think many 56K'ers hang around in a forum for downloading 175MB+ files? :)
Exactly.

And again...I stuggled through downloading 1 full length movie on 56k(somewhere around 400mb) once off of Morpheus....and never downloaded big stuff again. And the poll backs it - 19 to 1 as of this post :lol:

ADSL 256/128 but it never came to that figures

But i have a turbo button so i can download stuff in T1, provided by my ISP

cable too, love it... except its crap with uploading 15k max and i am scared to do that for a long while incase they kick me off... hey leppy u got optus or telstra?

Ethan said:
ADSL 256/128 but it never came to that figures

But i have a turbo button so i can download stuff in T1, provided by my ISP
T1 is only 1.5 mbit.

jasonchiu said:
i have 6M cable BB. not fast enough for me though

I had 10Mbit up and down for a while...

Heck sometimes that wasn't enough... Would be nice to still have it... with seeding and stuff

Buba

I have 512kp down and 1mb up... its only dsl so its not that quick, maybe thats the reason why I lag on lfs :lol:

Uh, I'm betting you really have 1mbit down and 512k up. Very rare to have a higher upload speed than download speed.

Oh, and you shouldn't forget the "it" after the "mb". 1MB is a HUGE difference from 1mbit. ;)

At home, I have 4.6mbit ADSL with 512kb up...
the good thing about ADSL is that you have just one limit for upload+download. Here in Belgium, the cable companies limit the upload to only 30% or something of your total limit.

Here in Louvain, it's cable with (for internet) something slow like a couple of Mbit (for 10 users). If you download something from the research network, it's not limited and than you get faster speeds.

People who live in buildings from the uni itself, have super-connections (from a Belgian point of view): 2 megabyte/s (not megabit :)) at night download and upload

I cant imagine these speeds. I had 56k for 4 years and used to download movies and stuff, would just take me a couple of days constant connection, so no phone and paying by the minute. Used to have bills of over 100 Euros a month, well over. Now I get excited if i can download at 30-40 kb/s...which doesnt happen often...oh well, itll be better when I leave home.

Viper007bond said:
Uh, I'm betting you really have 1mbit down and 512k up. Very rare to have a higher upload speed than download speed.

Oh, and you shouldn't forget the "it" after the "mb". 1MB is a HUGE difference from 1mbit. ;)

sorry... I just said that on the top of my head, I just checked and I just get 512kbit both ways ;)

Tommy Two Shoes said:
Now I get excited if i can download at 30-40 kb/s...which doesnt happen often...oh well, itll be better when I leave home.

So what kinda connection is that?

My ISP continues to upgrade it's connections. We pay the same as three years ago, but it got from 1mbit -> 3.3mbit -> 4.6mbit

And we got from 1 mailbox to 4 :) and now we have broadband content like free movies, TV broadcasts, UEFA, music,...