Do you judge people on the Forums by their post count?

Do you judge people on the Forums by their post count?

• Total voters
If you rock too hard while in a sailboat, you get seaweed up your nose.
(Unless that's a reference to something that went over my head. No, you're a towel.)

No, it's not a reference to anything. And how do you get seaweed up your nose on a sailboat?

You can't sail from Tiburon to San Francisco at midnight with nothing but the sound of the wind in the rigging and water against the hull in a motorboat. You always have noise and vibration (not the good kind) and exhaust.

So you got less of a life then me then? Ok.

That's not what I meant, although technically it's true since I'm younger than you and I haven't really done any extraordinary stuff.

See Edmond, you set yourself up everytime!

Yeah I do, but you gotta admit I handle it pretty well for a 12 year old, some of you even thought I was 16 when I first joined.

And yes I will take the advice for the flaming and put it to good use.

"Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden

I weigh several factors when forming an opinion of people, post count happens to be one, though the quality of posts is far more important. An idiot with several thousand posts, still is one.

Most of the people on here have pretty good credibility with me, I respect them and their opinions. My biggest problem is newbies coming up and trying to act funny and joke with people as if they're well known, when they just don't have that sort of leverage.

I tend to base my opinion of someone on this site through age, post count and comments they make.

I weigh several factors when forming an opinion of people, post count happens to be one, though the quality of posts is far more important. An idiot with several thousand posts, still is one.

Most of the people on here have pretty good credibility with me, I respect them and their opinions. My biggest problem is newbies coming up and trying to act funny and joke with people as if they're well known, when they just don't have that sort of leverage.

Yeah, but it's human nature, if a forum is popular then people want a slice of the action, you know it's sorta given since we're (as in the forums) so popular these days, come to think of it now the saying "Good things come to those who wait" also comes into play here

The thing is, newbies know nothing about us, that's why we call them newbies. They have no leverage to make jokes or join in our leafspsrings and pushrods malarkey. The exact reason we're able to have fun is because we know each other enough to joke around a bit.

Think of it like a party where an outsider starts to joke with the popular group, no-one really cares about him, he doesn't matter. He's not funny because he doesn't know what makes us tick, his jokes are more likely to offend than anything else.

The thing is, newbies know nothing about us, that's why we call them newbies. They have no leverage to make jokes or join in our leafspsrings and pushrods malarkey. The exact reason we're able to have fun is because we know each other enough to joke around a bit.

Think of it like a party where an outsider starts to joke with the popular group, no-one really cares about him, he doesn't matter. He's not funny because he doesn't know what makes us tick, his jokes are more likely to offend than anything else.

Very true.

I have a WoofleCertified? list of members in me head that i find competent or generally credible, whether or not i agree with any of the stuff they say. Mostly mods and ppl i've known for a while since I've been here that aren't stupid. And if i find a new guy or one i don't recognize that seems like they know what they're talking about i consider adding them to the list. Most recently WoofleCertified? was Spectre as far as i can remember

I'm not wearing any pants while posting this message. Does that affect my credibility at all?

good, then I have nothing to lose :lol:

Actually, we're Top Gear. While the newbs are Fifth Gear trying to be funny.

My biggest problem is newbies coming up and trying to act funny and joke with people as if they're well known, when they just don't have that sort of leverage.

For some reason that reminded me of this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1qJymjUdE[/youtube]

I like to judge. It makes me feel better than everyone else.

Hell, while we're talking about judging, I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you how much I've always hated you avatar. The only person here who has worse ones is VanMould.

Really. That guy on the shirt looks like he's inviting Richard Simmons to sit on his thumb for fun and pleasure.