Do you judge people on the Forums by their post count?

Do you judge people on the Forums by their post count?

• Total voters
This is an interesting question, I guess. I moderate a big board in Norway, and post count do play a role when taking in new mods, and so on. But at the same time, I have a whole lot more respect for a guy with 11 well written, informative, long posts than one with 110 short and worthless posts, if you know what I mean.

I guess it's hard not to regard post count, so yes, I do. But normally, I don't notice it. And I couldn't care less about my own post count.

I look at the date joined more; often the number of post can simply be dumb and ugly. Oh ya my penis is bigger than yours and im better than you.

Nope. I do however use them to weigh people's posts (i.e. I'll believe someone with 500+ posts over someone who has 5 posts).

Hey I am sub-500 post. I guess that makes my post weighted less =P

I'm with watto when it come to judging people by their "contributions". This is a place where you can contribute so much if you wanted to and those who have contributed, tend to leave a good impression on me.

Obviously, post quality counts as well...

*attempts to hide the Brownie Basket under his shirt*

I'm with watto when it come to judging people by their "contributions". This is a place where you can contribute so much if you wanted to and those who have contributed, tend to leave a good impression on me.

Obviously, post quality counts as well...

I have to admit for a forum with a large amount of "kids" not old enough to drive, we've managed to weed out the idiotic trolls... or at least the ones that don't provide us with any entertainment.

we've managed to weed out the idiotic trolls... or at least the ones that don't provide us with any entertainment.

Well, not by sheer luck. *cough*

I think we should keep a resident troll and kicking boy around. Some days I just need to work out some aggression.

I think we should keep a resident troll and kicking boy around. Some days I just need to work out some aggression.

Think we should convince Scud to come back for that purpose?

Personally, post count to me is one of the things I take into account when judging a member. Someone who posts a lot tells me that they know that there are rules to the forum and follow them, and managed to stay within the moderators' good graces, but if they make entirely worthless posts with spelling that would make little Timmy look like Charles Dickens, that tells me they are the people who are the definition of "n00b." Conversely, post count doesn't mean much if the member has Zuhaibs count, but the majority of the posts' quality are comparable to those of Blind_Io.

Just my two pennies.

So you finally admit that you actually like flaming me as opposed to flaming me for a good reason.

You know, if you just ignored him and stopped commenting back to him on things or posting things that are likely to get you flamed, then it will stop.

I guess it's because you are still a kid amongst adults here that you get offended very easily when you set yourself up to be flamed, but if you tried ignoring it and not look for a flaming then it would be a lot more enjoyable here for you, and a lot less painful for us!

It's quite interesting to see the reactions and results of this thread, quite different from what a expected.

Well, tell us what you expected ;)

I expected people to care mostly about age, which is weird that they did not mention it. I was not quite sure about the post count. But in my opinion this is a useful poll because it shows what the attitude of the forum is rather then, what you rather have sort of thing. I'm glad that I did it though got a lot of unexpected results.

I expected people to care mostly about age, which is weird that they did not mention it. I was not quite sure about the post count. But in my opinion this is a useful poll because it shows what the attitude of the forum is rather then, what you rather have sort of thing. I'm glad that I did it though got a lot of unexpected results.

age does play a part, I don't consider any opinions given by people who can't drive yet as being perticularly valid